At Warner Music Group, we’re a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
- Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
- Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
- Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
- Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
A little bit about our team:
The Finance team at 10K Projects supports all aspects of financials for the record label including marketing, A&R, revenue, overhead and expense planning, management, and reporting. We partner with all other departments within 10K Projects with regards to making strategic decisions that benefit the company.
The Finance Director is the senior strategic management role within the Finance Dept. Responsible for deal modeling, forecasting, budgeting and day to day label finance operations. Reporting into the CFO, 10K Projects.
Here you’ll get to:
- Prepare all deal analyses submitted for review and approval by 10K exec team, Corporate Finance, CEO of Recorded Music, CEO of Warner Music Group, and Board of Directors
- Work directly with the Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis team to ensure all deal analyses are complete and key executives have sufficient background on all deals
- Be responsible for critical deal post-mortem analyses
- Assist the Business Affairs department with strategic analysis in order to help them structure artist, label and distribution deals
- Lead all aspects of month end close, forecasts, and annual budget preparation and submission
- Manage the strategic revenue analysis for all revenue areas including Domestic Recorded Music (i.e. streaming, downloads, physical), international recorded music, synch, licensing, merchandise, and other new business areas
- Be responsible for domestic and international market research as well as competitive analyses
- Liaise with Digital Finance and Warner Music Group R&A to coordinate the label’s revenue forecasting for various DSP deals.
- Prepare and submit corporate templates
- Provide marketing department and various marketing executives with revenue forecasting that assists in marketing budget decisions
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance Accounting preferred
- 8+ years Finance experience including 4+ years of music industry experience
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills
- Highly organized, inquisitive, resourceful, self-motivated and independent
- Exceptionally detail oriented, disciplined, and hard-working
- Captivating storytelling skills– ability to analyze large amounts of information and communicate key messages to executives
- Advanced Excel skills
We’d love it if you also had:
- Experience in the music or entertainment industry
- Experience with SAP
- A passion for music
As the home to Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world’s premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike.
And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We’re the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Together, we are Warner Music Group: Music With Vision & Voice.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
Effective October 1st, this position will require being in the office 4 days a week. We believe that an in-office presence is critical for talent development, collaboration and building strong relationships.