Los Angeles, CA
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We’re looking for a Director to join our Finance team! Working within the Business Partner Finance team, you’ll play a key role in providing valuable insights that can translate into product and business recommendations. Reporting to our VP of FP&A and working from our Santa Monica, CA office, you’ll lead the team that supports our Global Monetization Programs, including Product, Engineering, Sales, Business Marketing and Measurement to forecast global revenue, manage a P&L, develop insightful reporting, and drive actionable insights for key leaders.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with the Monetization and Sales team to develop actionable strategies for Snap
- Manage revenue, expenses, and key business metrics across Monetization
- Develop and manage team members globally: establish priorities, set objectives, and provide guidance and feedback
- Develop and streamline FP&A processes to mitigate risk and find value within the business
- Build out and optimize reporting to deliver insights to the Monetization teams
- Lead cross-functional projects with Finance, Accounting, Operations, and Product teams
- Develop analysis/tools to track business growth for Monetization to better understand key drivers
- Provide management with clear insights into drivers of business growth, risks, and opportunities
- Work cross-functionally with other Finance leaders as well as Sales, Product, Marketing, Engineering and Data Science teams.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience within a publicly traded company managing revenue/sales finance or corporate FP&A is highly preferred
- Experience partnering with senior executives as a strategic partner on their financial planning and forecasting
- Proven ability to thrive in a dynamic environment under short timelines and changing priorities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, written and verbal
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to work cross-functionally and establish strong relationships
- Excellent financial modeling, quantitative and data analysis
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Strong multi-tasking skills with the ability to think creatively and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Track record of motivating and managing a talented group of ambitious professionals and taking interest in individuals’ career development paths
- Expertise with Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in accounting, finance or related field or equivalent years of experience
- 12+ years of relevant professional experience, including 5+ years of corporate finance, consulting, or similar analytical role
- Experience managing people and leading a team
- A passion for Snapchat and creativity!
- Experience in tech or digital media industries
- Master’s degree or MBA
- SQL/BI experience
"Default Together" Policy at Snap: At Snap Inc. we believe that being together in person helps us build our culture faster, reinforce our values, and serve our community, customers and partners better through dynamic collaboration. To reflect this, we practice a “default together” approach and expect our team members to work in an office at least 80% of the time (an average of 4 days per week). [For roles that are pre-approved for remote consideration (remove if not applicable)}: Remote team members still are expected to travel for mandatory in-person gatherings and to fulfill business needs, at least 4 to 6 times per year.
If you are not based in the same location(s) listed for this role and are open to relocation, we encourage you to apply to take advantage of our generous relocation policy.
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Benefits: Snap Inc. is its own community, so we’ve got your back! We do our best to make sure you and your loved ones have everything you need to be happy and healthy, on your own terms. Our benefits are built around your needs and include paid maternity & paternity leave, comprehensive medical coverage, emotional and mental health support programs, and compensation packages that let you share in Snap’s long-term success!