Director, Executive Communications
Our Global Communications organization is responsible for protecting and elevating Hilton's reputation, driving brand and consumer communications, inspiring and engaging Team Members, and connecting owners and other partners with Hilton’s purpose and business goals.
What will I be doing?
With the new era of travel dawning and changing customer expectations, Hilton’s Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) is a key storyteller! Along with other Executive Committee Members, the CCO plays a critical role in telling the story of our business around the world, re-energizing Team Members, and leading the team into the promising new future of hospitality.
The Director, Executive Communications will be responsible for the design and execution of an internal and external communications strategy for Hilton’s CCO, working directly with the Vice President of Commercial Strategy & Planning and as a part of the Executive Communications team. You will also have oversight of the broader Commercial communications strategy, leading communicators within the sub-functions to deliver leadership communications and implementation of key programs and events.
More specifically, you will:
- Partner with the CCO to tell the story of Hilton’s largest team internally and externally – our performance-driven and customer innovation story
- Develop and deliver the annual editorial plan, both as an individual contributor and project-managing across cross-functional teams as needed
- Craft all CCO communications materials – Internal Team Member communications with an emphasis on impactful visual communications and presentation design, Owner communications, external media engagements and briefs, and social media content
- Staff the CCO at internal/external appearances, both live and virtual events, and partner with event organizers on all event logistics and briefing materials
- Represent the interests of the CCO in forums where communications guidance is requested or required to inform messaging or event strategies
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships and create coherence and coordination between senior leaders within Commercial Services, Communications, Human Resources, and others whose work supports Commercial Services strategic alignment and outreach
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Proven expertise in executive communications and/or internal communications
- Strong interpersonal skills, including experience with senior executives
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills with attention to detail
- Ability to navigate ambiguity, problem solve, connect the dots, and implement tasks efficiently
- Flexibility, sense of urgency, passion, and the ability to remain calm under pressure
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Seven (7) years of professional experience in internal and/or external communications, marketing, public relations, journalism, or related fields
- Three (3) years of management experience and/or experience leading cross-functional teams
- Experience supporting executive communications, social media, and leading/collaborating with agency partners, internal teams, and cross-functional working groups
- Travel up to 25% of the time
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Bachelor’s Degree in public relations, communications, marketing, or a related field
- Experience working with a large global organization and/or a mid-to-large-size communications agency
- Experience within the travel, tourism, or service industries
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members, so they can Thrive, thanks to innovative programs and benefits such as workplace flexibility, career growth and development, and our Go Hilton travel discount program. Hilton prioritizes understanding and integrating our Team Members’ unique perspectives and voices—along with those of our Guests, Owners, Suppliers, and Partners—to cultivate a diverse and inclusive environment for all. Check out the Hilton Careers blog and Instagram to learn more about what it’s like to be on Team Hilton!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will ensure that qualified individuals with protected disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions of their role, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.