Why Patients Need You
Pfizer’s Environmental, Health and Safety team is critical to ensuring the highest safety standards are met patients and our colleagues. You will be part of an innovative community dedicated to delivering excellence which enables Pfizer to get our medicines in the hands of the people who need them most more efficiently, and safer, than ever before.
What You Will Achieve
You will be part of a key member of the McPherson Site Leadership Team, driving a proactive Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) culture enabling Pfizer’s Purpose; Breakthroughs that change patients’ lives. Leading the site's EHS team, you will have an unparalleled opportunity to share the long-term site EHS strategy at a large and critical manufacturing site, working closely with site leaders to grow programs that deliver proactive improvements.
It is your hard work and leadership that will make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.
How You Will Achieve It
In this role, you will work collaboratively with all functions within the site, establishing strategic direction for EHS programs to ensure the world class production of medicines.
- Sets strategic direction for EHS at the site . Partners with site leadership in establishing short and long term EHS objectives for the site. Establishes site EHS metrics, drives action plans and regularly publishes status updates.
- Leads the EHS program at the site to minimize impact of operations on the environment, assure the health, and safety, of company employees, contractors, and visitors, and to assure effective incident response, including Emergency Preparedness & Response and Investigation.
- Builds a culture of EHS excellence. Champions and drives cultural change within the site to enhance site safety culture and a ‘zero-incident’ mindset.
- Ensures mechanisms are established to identify and manage EHS regulatory requirements that apply to site operations including preparation of impact assessments, permit applications, registrations, and certifications; preparation and review of routine and special reports; and oversight of routine inspections. Acts as the primary point of EHS contact for external / regulatory bodies.
- Ensures implementation and maintenance of EHS management systems that meet contemporary external and Pfizer internal EHS standards and enhance and continuously improve the EHS program at the site.
- Establishes and maintains self-assessment systems that periodically evaluate the effectiveness of the site EHS management system.
- Integrates EHS risk assessment within business operations thereby assuring all initiatives at the site are conducted in a safe manner and in full compliance with all applicable regulating bodies or Global EHS standards.
- Manages, executes the site EHS budget.
- Ensures all EHS functions are adequately resourced and managed to maintain compliance with all applicable Company policies and government regulations and to meet contemporary standards.
- Develops and enhances the EHS team through effective organizational design, selection, development, training, and performance management of all colleagues.
- Ensures delivery of in-sourced and outsourced EHS services at the site, including selection and management of properly licensed wastefirms.
- Partners with Engineering to develop and drive Environmental Sustainability plans, including waste, water and Greenhouse Gas reduction roadmaps for the site.
- Ensures effective processes are established to ensure EHS review of capital projects; such that risk reduction controls are included within the design and project execution.
- Develops relationships with above site stakeholders including Global EHS, Business Continuity management, Global Colleague Wellness and EHS professionals within the Pfizer Community of Practice (COP), to ensure program alignment and leverage network resources.
- Leads Crisis Management Team when events arise.
- Bachelor's Degree in EHS related field, Engineering, or a similar technical discipline
- 10+ years of related post-graduate EHS experience in a manufacturing environment in a regulated industry
- Extensive experience managing and implementing EHS programs
- 5+ years of managerial and leadership experience in directing staff professionals, preferably within EHS
- Thorough knowledge of federal EHS regulations and guidelines; maintains that knowledge to stay contemporary
- Proven track record of safety and environmental accomplishments and the ability to successfully drive and manage change
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent project management and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Candidate will demonstrate personal leadership, initiative, judgment, and accountability in day-to-day work activities in addition to exhibiting strong planning/organizational skills
- Ability to successfully manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously including individual contributor activities balanced with leading others
- Ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact
- Master's Degree
- Experience in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry
- CSP, CIH, or other EHS-related professional certification
- Experience with Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing
- Colleague must be able to manage emergency situations in a stressful environment.
- Able to use hearing, respiratory and eye protection is required.
- Exposure to Aseptic operations, API operations, high hazard operations, construction environments.
Non-Standard Work Schedule, Travel, or Environment Requirements
- This is a day shift role supporting a 24-hour/7-day operation. May require work outside of standard work hours to support site/business needs.
- Limited travel <10%
- Immediate reporting for defined events
Other Job Details
- Last day to apply: 26 November 2023
- Relocation support available
- Work Location Assignment: On Premise
The annual base salary for this position ranges from $168,300.00 to $280,400.00.
In addition, this position is eligible for participation in Pfizer’s Global Performance Plan with a bonus target of 22.5% of the base salary and eligibility to participate in our share based long term incentive program.
We offer comprehensive and generous benefits and programs to help our colleagues lead healthy lives and to support each of life’s moments.
Benefits offered include a 401(k) plan with Pfizer Matching Contributions and an additional Pfizer Retirement Savings Contribution, paid vacation, holiday and personal days, paid caregiver/parental and medical leave, and health benefits to include medical, prescription drug, dental and vision coverage.
Pfizer compensation structures and benefit packages are aligned based on the location of hire. The United States salary range provided does not apply to Tampa, FL or any location outside of the United States.Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure.
Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act.
Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.