The Environmental Director will be the key member of the senior project management team and will be responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable environmental legislation, developing and overseeing the environmental program, overseeing the environmental team and ensuring exemplary environmental project performance. This is a site based position, assigned to a major bridge replacement project located in Surrey / New Westminster, BC.
What You'll Do Here:
- Ensure the establishment and maintenance of the Environmental Management Plans and auditing and reporting on the performance of the Environmental Management Plans, the Environmental Assessment Certificate, the Port Project and Environmental Permit, and any terms and conditions associated with environmental Permits.
- Direct all aspects of the project’s environmental program including overseeing the environmental auditing program.
- Ensuring environmental issues and requirements are compliant with the project agreement.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with relevant Environmental Authorities and Interested Parties.
- Taking a lead role in internal environmental design reviews .
- Acting as the single point of contact on all matters relating to environmental management.
- Preparing and submitting all plans, reports and documents required under the Environmental Assessment Certificate, the Port Project and Environmental Permit, the Table of Conditions – EAC and the Project and Environmental Conditions – PPEP.
What You Bring to the Team:
- University degree in a related field – environmental science, environmental engineering, applied sciences.
- Must have Qualified Environmental Professional designation.
- Experience on major projects that are comparable in scope, complexity and nature in the development, and management of plans and practices to address project environmental requirements.
- Experience leading a multidisciplinary environmental team.
- Experience in environmental regulatory management; working with regulatory agencies; and environmental quality management.
- Advanced understanding of environmental regulations and legislation.
- Results drive approach.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to build rapport with the project team, external project stakeholders and the client.
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills with experience overseeing a multidisciplinary team.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Aecon fosters diversity, inclusion and belonging within and across our organization. We welcome all to apply including, women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.