Director, Enterprise Systems
Here at BARK, we love dogs and their people. We’re looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (we’re not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs and their people through our products, events, and experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, and our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys and treats to the dogs across the world and use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives and ways to make magic between dogs and their people. We’ve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.
The Enterprise Systems team ties together aspects of enterprise operations using large scale, packaged, software systems that we use to streamline, enhance and integrate business processes and functions across the organization. We create processes and configure and manage the systems that keep the business running. We're dynamic and agile, and act as the glue between multiple teams. We focus on integrating systems and automating processes to eliminate manual work, ensure accurate information dissemination, and improve general communication among various departments. On a daily basis, this team interacts with our customer-centric technology team, various operational teams, and our accounting & finance teams. We are hard working problem solvers, but we never forget to have fun, mostly because our dogs refuse to let us get too serious.
WHO WE’RE SNIFFING FOR
We are looking for a Director, Enterprise Systems with a strong functional and technical background in Netsuite primarily to join our Enterprise Systems team. The Director, Enterprise Systems will be responsible for helping architect, build out and support NetSuite and other critical enterprise solutions including Centric PLM and Boomi Integration that enable us to better manage our business. As we continue to invest and scale our enterprise solutions, this role will expand to include other enterprise systems over time.
- Be a thought leader in defining and architecting Netsuite and related solutions. The role success relies heavily on collaboratively partnering with finance, operations and supply chain, accounting, sourcing, and other teams within technology to identify the highest impact technology opportunities to leverage NetSuite and improve the user experience
- Work with the leadership team to lead the long term technical vision for NetSuite, including evolving the integrations with other enterprise systems such as Concur, RF Smart, Concur, Adaptive Insights (Netsuite Planning), UKG (for HR), and our customer platform.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on NetSuite and lead projects in collaboration with the business, product team and stakeholders to assess business requirements, craft solutions and deliver within deadlines emphasizing NetSuite best practices.
- Manage the Netsuite team and help design, configure, architect and develop technology solutions in Netsuite. Build and maintain Netsuite applications, customizations and integrations to other systems including 3PLs, PLM, TMS, WMS, HRIS via Boomi
- Design, implement, and maintain a business and technical architecture framework, strategies, and policies and practices that enable the implementation and continuous improvement of organization-wide systems and programs
- Provide technical leadership on system development methodologies, business initiatives / issues, and the implications for technologies, business solutions, practices, or processes
- Review existing solutions and perform gap analysis against desired functionality. Determine and update optimization strategies based on existing and emerging technologies, products, and platforms. Propose solutions and identify resource requirements
- Lead projects from start to finish including requirements gathering, functional and technical design, development, documentation, testing, and deployment
- Plan, direct, and review the work of functional and technical team members, including cross-functional stakeholders, outside consultants, and vendors
- 10+ years’ experience in architecting, designing and implementing ERP systems in a retail environment, including integrations to internal & external systems with progressive responsibilities across teams
- 8+ years of in depth expertise with NetSuite OneWorld, preferably SuiteFoundations certified. Must have led implementations of NetSuite across the entire software development lifecycle.
- Experience managing complex, high-impact projects with large, cross-functional teams and diverse stakeholders
- Strong understanding of NetSuite and other Enterprise Software
- Strong understanding of accounting and supply chain management principles
- SuiteScript/SuiteCloud experience including building out integrations
- Understanding of integration and scripting capabilities within NetSuite and through Boomi
- Experience integrating core NetSuite modules with both 3rd party applications (RF Smart, Concur, UKG, Adaptive Insights/Netsuite Planning, etc) and in-house developed solutions.
- Boomi, Celigo, (or other middleware), EDI experience preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate both technical and functional concepts at all levels, including executive management, both within the organization and externally
- Integration experience with Shopify and/or Amazon marketplaces is a plus
- Centric (PLM), Oracle PBCS experience is a plus
- Experience with WMS and merchandising solutions is a plus
- Previous experience working in a startup/high-growth environment preferred
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Must be able to manage time effectively across multiple projects
- Demonstrate “think like a customer” mentality in all aspects of role, including stakeholder interactions
This position is a full time position. It is located on-site at our office in New York City. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, cold brew on tap, and a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Please Note: BARK requires all employees or guests entering our space to provide proof of up to date covid-19 vaccinations. Exemption and/or accommodation requests will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
FOR CO/NJ/NY BASED APPLICANTS:
- The base salary range for this position is $180,000-$210,000
- This position is eligible for equity
This compensation range is based on BARKs good faith estimate as of the date of this posting and may be modified in the future. Actual pay for this position will depend on a variety of variables including location, travel, internal equity, experience, education, skills and expertise.