Mountain View, CA
Los Angeles, CA
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 15 years of professional experience building and operating technology.
- Experience partnering across multiple product areas and collaborating with and influencing leaders in different organizations.
- Experience managing teams to deliver on a technical vision and strategy.
- 20 years of professional experience.
- Experience working on consumer products.
- Experience with security and privacy, trust, or counter abuse technologies.
- Understanding of infrastructure or backend technology.
About the job
As the Director of Engineering, you will act as a leader for the foundations of Google Photos. You will be responsible for all customer and backend infrastructure for Photos, driving engineering productivity, and accountable for user trust, privacy, and security.
In this role, you will manage a technical organization while also partnering and collaborating across multiple different product areas to ensure Photos meets goals, continues to innovate and scale, and provides the best possible experience for all users.
- Lead the technical strategy and be accountable for all the client and backend infrastructure of Google Photos.
- Partner with organizational leaders across Google to customize solutions for the unique needs of Google Photos.
- Ensure ongoing user trust by driving horizontal privacy and security efforts across Google Photos. Partner with central privacy and security teams to deliver trust at scale and shape best practices across Google.
- Coach and manage a growing organization, including continuing to mentor and grow managers into strategic leaders.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.