The Director, Engineering will partner with a Director, Product to oversee the delivery of several solutions within our platform. In this role, the Director of Engineering will work closely with the VP, Engineering to support hiring efforts and organizational planning, as well as facilitating coordination among product teams and coaching engineering managers. The Director of Engineering will help define agile processes and roadmaps, and make sure the team is operating smoothly. This position will monitor the progress of new developments and help to unblock or support teams as necessary.
- Consults with the VP, Engineering and other engineering leaders to create and execute on long-range goals specific to the needs of the organization.
- Enables product teams as they develop new products from concept to production.
- Collaborates with the product, sales and marketing departments to determine market potential for new products.
- Ensures solutions meet quality, architectural, security, performance, and maintainability guidelines
- Communicating technical decisions and architecture within and across departments
- Evaluating and integrating third-party services
- Oversees engineering staff within a division
- Provides training and mentoring to engineering managers
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, business or related field or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of seven years of experience developing software, preferably in a microservice architecture.
- Minimum of five years of experience in a management or leadership capacity.
- Experience working within a software as a service (SaaS) company preferred.
- Experience working within a start-up and/or ambiguous environment, with proven experience to be adaptable preferred.
This job operated in a professional remote or in-office environment. This job uses standard office equipment, such as computers and phones. This job is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee has the flexibility to move as needed. Constantly operates a computer, phone, keyboard, mouse, and other office productivity machinery. The employee frequently communicates with internal and/or external customers and co-workers. Must be able to exchange accurate information. Must be able to recognize objects from short and long distances.
We know that potential candidates are often less likely to apply to a position if they don’t match 100% of the job qualifications. Don’t let that be why you miss out on this opportunity! We encourage you to apply if you can demonstrate many of these skills and competencies.
Loyal to our employees
We are a remote-friendly company! We encourage you to apply from anywhere in the United States. We also believe in a work/life balance that fulfills you while you’re here and supports you when you’re not. We built our benefits package to prove that we’re committed to you having everything you need (including a little fun). Here is what we offer full-time employees:
- Flexible paid time off, sick and personal days
- At least one holiday per month (sometimes, more!)
- Full health, dental, and vision insurance - Loyal pays the premium for all employees!
- One Time Home Office Setup Stipend For Remote & Hybrid Roles
- Monthly Internet Stipend for Remote & Hybrid Roles
- Long term & short term disability
- 401[k] plan
- 16 Weeks Paid Parental Leave
- 2 Volunteer days per year
- Matching Gift Program
- Participation Grant Program
- Annual Travel/Team Events up to twice per year (post-COVID)
We believe that the key to Loyal's success is you. Your unique background, life experience, knowledge, self-expression, and talent make you uniquely you. Who you are, what you have experienced, and how you think inspires us to be innovative and bold.
Loyal is an equal opportunity employer. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, ancestry, sex, gender identity and expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age, languages spoken, veteran status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and beliefs.
We consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Further, consistent with applicable federal and state law, Loyal provides reasonable accommodations when requested by qualified applicants or employees with disabilities, unless doing so would cause an undue hardship. Loyal’s policy regarding requests for reasonable accommodation applies to all aspects of employment, including the application process. If you require a reasonable accommodation in connection with the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Department at email@example.com.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the I-9 Form.
Consistent with Loyal policy, candidates performing in-person work will be required to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to Loyal’s vaccination requirement, please contact the People Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.