Director, Diversity & Inclusion
Interpublic Group (IPG) is seeking an experienced Director for our Diversity & Inclusion department. The individual in this role will report directly to the new Chief Diversity & Social Impact Officer collaborating with them to develop and oversee the global D&I strategy. They will manage two senior managers as part of a growing and new team. This role is critical in helping to shape and share IPG’s global vision and strategy to continue building a diverse and inclusive workforce. This individual is a seasoned D&I leader with a proven track record in developing and implementing D&I strategic plans, making sustainable changes, centering equity, and developing workplaces that retain and promote underrepresented and marginalized people. The ideal candidate will also have experience in leading global D&I strategies and initiatives and managing a team.
The individual in this role will be a key member of the D&I leadership team at IPG. This role will focus on operationalizing strategic initiatives, managing key partnerships internally and externally and designing and executing programs. They will create systems to integrate the global strategy across the IPG network, while also implementing the accountability frameworks to ensure sustainability. This role will require this person to lead a small team and oversee the communication strategies to achieve IPG’s strategic D&I objectives. The position will oversee strategy and programs including, Business Resource Groups, D&I Learning & Development, partnership with HR teams, relationships with D&I task forces and councils, other key stakeholders. Experience in marketing and advertising or with a holding company will be valuable to the role.
This is an exciting time for IPG as the network is reimaging D&I and Social Impact for the future. Join us!
- Assist in designing and executing a multi-year D&I strategic plan to guide the organization’s efforts to build a globally diverse and inclusive workforce and workplace
- Provide subject matter expertise and serve as a trusted advisor to the Chief Diversity & Social Impact Officer on designing and delivering strategic D&I solutions
- Support D&I enterprise-wide initiatives to standardize policies and procedures while cross collaborating with agency leadership
- Create and implement solutions to make D&I more uniform, consistent, and streamlined across the organization (e.g., review and approval process for D&I sponsorships and events)
- Conduct ongoing research on best practices and recommended strategies for continuous improvement of IPG’s D&I initiatives
- Oversee and provide support in the areas of system design and measurement, governance, annual planning, and reporting.
- Partner with key stakeholders on an integrated D&I strategy connected to all HR functions
- Partner and collaborate with business leaders to ensure that our D&I strategy is meaningful and impactful across the company
- Share best practices to support the development of a culture of inclusion and belonging across the enterprise
- Lead planning, operations and logistics for D&I events, programs, and initiatives nationally, creating toolkits to support D&I initiatives across IPG organization and agencies
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Master’s Degree a plus
- Minimum of 3 years of senior-level experience managing teams
- Minimum of 7 years of professional work in D&I
- Experience leading D&I work globally
- Solid organizational and change management skills
- Experience in successfully engaging in and managing community relationships
- Experience navigating marketing and advertising industry is a plus
The salary range for this position is $150,000 to $190,000. Where an employee or prospective employee is paid within this range will depend on, among other factors, actual ranges for current/former employees in the subject position; market considerations; budgetary considerations; tenure and standing with the company (applicable to current employees); as well as the employee’s/applicant’s background, pertinent experience, and qualifications.
BENEFITS OF JOINING IPG:
One of our primary goals is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our compensation plan includes the following benefits, in addition to many others:
- Healthcare Options
- Dependent and Health Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) savings plan with company match
- Flexible based Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Assistance Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Exclusive discounts on cell phones, gyms, and everyday purchases
IPG is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity, inclusion and equity at our company. We do not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender ID, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.