Director, Digital Marketing
Artist management firm seeking a creative, digital marketing strategist, well-versed in music distribution, digital, social and content strategy and analytics. Equal parts creative and strategic, the Director of Digital Marketing Strategy works across Vector’s entire roster of clients, directly with artist managers, to build a framework of promotional and digital marketing drivers, ultimately bringing album and tour cycles to life.
This position reports to the General Manager and sits within a cross-functional marketing team, providing in-house services such as A&R administration, physical/digital distribution, event management (experiential and activation), content (creation, production and programming), graphic design, social media, direct to consumer campaigns, e-commerce, merchandising, business development (licensing, promotional & sponsorship), tour logistics, tour marketing and VIP ticketing.
WHAT THIS PERSON WILL DO
- Lead creative ideation on the planning and development of digital marketing strategies focused on brand-building and commercial initiatives centered around active album and tour cycles.
- Architect of holistic plans optimized across all social, digital and promotional platforms to drive awareness, engagement and consumption
- Comprehensive marketing plans include detailed timelines, creative direction and tentpole activations meant to achieve branding and campaign goals
- Collaborate with Director of Marketing Operations on the implementation of strategic plans and execution of its elements by members of Vector’s in-house marketing team and third parties within the artist’s ecosystem
- Measure the effectiveness of marketing campaigns by aggregating key metrics, analyzing datapoints and translating real-time insights into actionable strategic planning to improve digital consumption (streams and views), radio airplay, social media engagement and growth, CRM/SEM/SEO, paid display advertising…
- Audit digital and social footprints of artists to identify areas for growth, optimization and monetization.
- Manage DSP Relations Manager – responsible for driving global awareness and digital consumption through the solicitation of editorial coverage and other programming opportunities via key digital partners such as TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Amazon, Apple & Spotify
- Act as Vector’s industry-facing digital marketing ambassador, building equity with existing partners and expanding its network with new digital stakeholders, media platforms, startups and other affiliates
- Serve as the resident expert on digital trends, innovation and other emerging technologies.
WHAT THIS PERSON WILL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- 5-7 years in a senior level marketing role building album campaigns and release plans that connect traditional and digital marketing drivers
- Proven track record working with artists in all stages of their career - direct experience interfacing with artist management strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively, three-dimensionally and tie different promotional elements of a marketing campaign together
- Fluency in building creative assets and content to serve as branding cornerstones of a campaign and are brought to life via digital and social strategies
- Established global network of industry relationships with DSPs (Spotify, Apple, Amazon, YouTube), radio and podcast networks, and other key digital and social platforms (Tik Tok, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Discord…)
- Understanding of music industry-specific tools, analytics and best practices cross-platforms
- Organized, critical thinker in a team environment, under pressure, on short deadlines and across multiple active artist campaigns.
- Broad knowledge of contemporary music and multiple genres and how to effectively tap into those audiences
- Capacity to identify a value proposition, support with key data and craft holistic plans
- Superior attention to detail, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong and articulate in presentation skills
- Tech savvy command of business software (Microsoft Office suite, Adobe, Monday…) and cloud-based software (Google Docs/Drive, Dropbox, Box, Zoom…)
- Discretion in handling confidential data and dealing with high-level artists and industry executives
BENEFITS & PERKS
Our motto is ‘Taking Care of Our Own’ through 6 pillars of benefits:
- HEALTH: Medical, Vision and Dental benefits for you and your family, including Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
- YOURSELF: Generous paid time off policy including paid holidays, sick time and paid days off for your birthday, Free concert tickets
- WEALTH: 401(k) program with company match, Stock Program
- FAMILY: New parent programs & support including caregiver leave and childcare cash, infertility support
- CAREER: Tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment internal growth and development programs & trainings
- OTHERS: Volunteer time off, crowdfunding network
Live Nation’s policy regarding vaccinations and masking will evolve based upon updated regulations and factors related to COVID-19. Currently, we strongly encourage employees to be fully vaccinated or have received a negative COVID test within  hours of entering an office.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and homelife. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It’s talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.
Live Nation strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the California Fair Chance Act and consistent with other similar and / or applicable laws in other areas.
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Live Nation will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Live Nation also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Live Nation will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case by case basis.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job
Live Nation recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Live Nation may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.