Director, Data and Analytics
Battle Creek, MI
As the Director of Data and Analytics , you will lead the team responsible for the strategic planning, application, and execution of data & analytics solutions . This position reports to the CIO. This is a heavy technical position and you will need to understand the technologies that we apply from a hands-on perspective.
Location preference is Chicago, IL or Battle Creek, MI.
Kellogg is progressing toward unleashing our full potential by the end of 2023. After this portfolio transformation journey is complete, this role will support Kellanova, a leading company in global snacking, international cereal and noodles, plant-based foods, and North America frozen breakfast.
HERE’S A TASTE OF WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Analytics Strategic Planning - This critical role will be the IT Data & Analytics Director for all analytics technology solutions for our North American business. In this role, you will be working closely with North American Insights & Analytics, Sales, Supply-Chain, HR, and Finance functions. You will work with key stakeholders across the organization in designing and delivering analytics capabilities; driving projects, roadmaps, strategy and total cost of ownership.
- Leadership & Team Development – You will lead a team of Data Scientists, Data Engineers, and strategic partners tasked with designing, developing, and deploying data & analytics-based solutions in North America. The Data & Analytics Director will identify and onboard top-talent, mentor Data Science & Data Engineering team members and set accountabilities and strategic goals for the team.
- Deliver North American Data & Analytics Projects - You’ll deliver on the Global Data & Analytics (GD&A) platform strategy by championing and driving adherence to Kellanova’s GD&A governance and development standards and by leading the migration of future and existing capabilities into the global analytics platform. You will lead, in partner with GD&A, the key aspects of product management including vendor relationships, upgrades, support models, and ensuring that total cost of ownership is managed and optimized effectively as the platform(s) & solutions evolve.
- Vendor Management & Support - Owning and/or influencing relationships with key vendors, representing Kellogg on customer advisory boards and influencing vendor application roadmaps. Working with the Kellogg support organization & GD&A in transitioning new products/services, defining SLAs, and in developing continuous improvement plans. Developing strong expertise in analytics technology related systems and solutions in and out of Kellogg.
YOUR RECIPE FOR SUCCESS
- 7 to 10 years’ hands on experience in a technical field
- 5+ years’ experience in data management and analytics
- Proven experience architecting and delivering analytics capabilities on a large scale
- Working knowledge and experience of AWS Data & Analytics Technologies (S3, Glue, Redshift)
- Working knowledge and experience in Data Science technology (R Suite)
- Experience with data modelling for self-service business intelligence, advanced analytics and data modelling for end user applications
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts by adjusting messaging to the audience: business partners, executives, IT peers, external stakeholders, etc.
After you apply, your application will be reviewed by a real recruiter – not a bot. This means it could take us a little while to get back with you so watch your inbox for updates. In the meantime, visit our How We Hire page to get insights into our hiring process and how to best prepare for a Kellogg interview.
If we can help you with a reasonable accommodation throughout the application or hiring process, please USA.Recruitment@kellogg.com.
This role takes part in Locate for Your Day, Kellogg’s hybrid way of working that empowers office-based employees to, in partnership with their managers, find a balance between working from home and the office.
Kellogg Company is a multibillion-dollar company with over 30 thousand employees all over the globe. We are proud to make delicious foods that people love – foods that you grew up with like Frosted Flakes, Cheez It, Eggo, Pop-Tarts, Crunchy Nut, Pringles, as well as innovative foods such as MorningStar Farms, RX bar, and Noodles.
Our KValues and BetterDays commitments are at the core of who we are, what we believe and what brings us together. We’re proud to say we’ve been awarded with Fortune’s “World’s Most Admired Companies”, DiversityInc’s “Top 50 Companies for Diversity”, Newsweek’s “Most Loved Workplaces”, and many more awards that you can check out here.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion has been part of our DNA since the beginning. Clearly stated in our Code of Ethics “we have respect for individuals of all backgrounds, capability and opinions.” We believe that equity is more than leveling the playing field. It is making sure barriers, both tangible and intangible, are removed. Interested in the numbers? We hold ourselves accountable with our yearly Features report.
Kellogg is proud to offer industry competitive Total Health benefits (Physical, Financial, Emotional, and Social) that vary depending on region and type of role. Be sure to ask your recruiter for more information!
THE FINER PRINT
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
Kellogg Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to provide an inclusive work environment, a seat for everyone at the table, and embraces the diverse talent of its people. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information regarding our efforts to advance Equity, Diversity & Inclusion, please visit our website here.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link.
Let’s create the future of food