Director Culinary Innovations
The Director of Culinary Development will be primarily responsible for leading, developing and implementing culinary programing for Brock & Company. The candidate must be a visionary and aligned with culinary trends that will influence company food programming. The Director of Culinary Development will support location compliance to all standards of operation, food safety, and food quality requirements. Additionally, the Director will collaborate with all internal stakeholders, including Marketing, Purchasing and Operations, to drive food programming at our locations. Essential is commitment to the customer experience and developing dining experiences that are best in class.
Core Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Focuses on culinary excellence, innovation, and the customer experience.
- Supports all facets of operational excellence across the portfolio.
- Partner with corporate and field leadership to identify and prioritize technical and skill gaps along with training needs.
- Develop, manage and execute operational excellence initiatives and standards of operation.
- Possess a complete understanding of food and labor performance metrics and data interpretation in order to drive improvement.
- Maintain and leverage the recipe database for food product compliance in the field.
- Develop and enforce standards relative to a safe and healthy work environment.
- Support new business development with opportunity assessment, menu development, and presentations.
- Support new and existing location openings.
- Develop, oversee and maintain proprietary brands from concept to production. Recommend and support implementation of franchise brands as necessary.
- Directs research and development of trends, themes, concepts, and product attributes.
- Attend trade shows and conferences in order to remain future focused and knowledgeable of best practices.
- Work with VP of Procurement with vendors and establish partnerships as necessary.
- Provides leadership to subordinates: Corporate Chef and Culinary Operations Manager.
- Culinary Degree required with advanced work in Culinary Arts. Bachelor’s degree preferred. CEC or CRC with R&D experience a plus. Willingness to maintain certifications.
- Minimum ten years of progressive Culinary experience, post-degree completion with executive chef-level experience in contract foodservice, education and/or corporate dining experience preferred.
- Experience with new concept, menu and recipe development, food presentation, and creative skills that deliver positive results for business objectives.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office, food production management systems, recipe database, and presentation software.
- Strong qualitative and quantitative acumen to develop culinary strategies based on consumer insights
- Requires culinary vision and a passion for food.
- ServSafe Food Handlers certification and Allergen Awareness Certification required.
- Outstanding communication skills, with an ability to effectively speak to varying levels and size audience with confidence and influence.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines in a high-pressure and continuously evolving environment.
- Travel - 50%+
Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V Benefits Eligible
Background Check and Required // Uniforms and Meals Provided
Please respond with resume or letter of intent.