Director Corporate & Securities
San Francisco, CA
The Director, Corporate & Securities is a senior attorney who will supervise attorneys and legal professionals in DocuSign’s corporate and securities functions. This team partners with finance, accounting, IR, PR, marketing, HR and other key constituents to manage risk, advise our Board and executive management, meet DocuSign’s public company reporting requirements, plan and execute strategic transactions, deliver scalable legal support to our finance and treasury functions, and partner with DocuSign’s equity professionals to provide efficient and responsive stock plan administration.
In this role you will manage and supervise the attorneys and legal professionals in the Corporate and Securities group of our legal department, advising business and legal stakeholders and helping DocuSign make informed, pragmatic, risk-weighted decisions on a range of issues.
This position is a people manager role reporting to the Deputy General Counsel, Corporate, Securities, Employment & Litigation and is designated Flex.
- Oversee current and periodic SEC reporting, including Forms 10-Q, 10-K and 8-K, and compliance with ’33 Act and ’34 Act rules and regulations and Nasdaq listing standards
- Plan and manage preparation of proxy statement and preparation and conduct of annual meeting
- Monitor changes in securities laws and regulations, providing strategic advice to executives and our Board on their potential effects on DocuSign
- Partner with total rewards team and independent compensation advisors to review and advise on executive compensation matters, including plan design, operation and related disclosure issues
- Partner with investor relations and communications teams on a range of IR and stockholder engagement matters, including investor presentations, quarterly earnings announcements, scripts and Reg FD considerations
- Supervise insider trading compliance program, incl. 10b5-1 plan oversight and trade preclearance
- Oversee Section 16 reporting program
- Support DocuSign’s Board of Directors and executive management on broad range of corporate matters; plan, prepare and organize materials for meetings of the Board and Board committees
- Partner with corporate development team to structure, negotiate, execute and integrate strategic transactions, including acquisitions, investments and capital-raising transactions; coordinate and co-lead cross-functional due diligence, integration and other projects
- Maintain up-to-date corporate governance and legal compliance policies, including periodic review and employee training
- Oversee corporate secretarial and entity management functions
- Partner closely with DocuSign equity professionals to ensure efficient, compliant delivery of stock plan services, including compliance with tax, employment and securities laws
- Plan and execute other corporate, securities and other projects in partnership with the Deputy General Counsel and/or General Counsel
- J.D. from an ABA-accredited law school
- Admitted and in good standing with at least one state bar
- Minimum of 12 years of relevant experience, including experience at a major law firm and in-house
- Extensive and in-depth SEC reporting experience
- Experience in-house for a technology company
- Managerial experience in a legal department
- Comfortable managing competing priorities and deadlines and maintaining quality work product under pressure
- Work efficiently with a client-service focus in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to maintain productive work relationships and work collaboratively with subject matter experts to research and resolve issues
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
Vaccination requirement (US)
DocuSign requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, to ensure the safety and well being of our employees and community, to support public health efforts, and comply with the Executive Order that applies to federal contractors, this offer is conditioned upon submission of written proof, prior to your start date, that you are fully vaccinated. DocuSign will comply with applicable law regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs.