Director, Corporate Communications
New York, NY
Condé Nast is currently seeking a Director, Communications to help lead strategic corporate communications across our global brand portfolio, as well as help lead the company’s communications efforts across business divisions including commercial revenue, consumer revenue, product and technology, and additional corporate functions.
- Serve as a key leader on the global communications team, advising positioning, driving strategy and supporting all communications across the company.
- Leverage expertise in corporate communications to deliver proactive media strategies and results to amplify priorities and stakeholders across the business.
- Lead communications for core business functions including revenue, consumer marketing, product and technology and human resources. Work closely with senior leadership to drive internal and external communications strategy for these groups.
- Help shape and execute a cohesive narrative strategy globally across the company.
- Enhance the communications team’s media relations efforts through trusted relationships with key reporters and media outlets.
- Lead cross-brand and corporate award strategy, tracking and submissions.
- Work closely with members of the executive leadership team to filter and identify high-impact thought leadership opportunities. Draft speeches, talking points, presentations, and interview briefings for leaders across the company.
- Maintain regular communications cadence with industry trade and business publications and identify opportunities to showcase innovation within the company’s revenue-driving functions.
- Work closely with the internal communications team to support internal promotion of editorial projects, product launches, partnerships and more.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Impeccable writing skills with corporate communications and business positioning samples to share.
- Established journalist relationships, especially with media and advertising industry trades.
- Experience working on a global team and in a high-volume media environment.
- Experience managing communications in a complex organizational structure with many stakeholders.
- Proven ability to garner media attention, craft business stories and also drive internal communications execution.
- Ability to work collaboratively across global teams including HR, sales, marketing, and legal; comfortable driving strategy with senior leaders and executives.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- 8+ years experience in news, media, tech and /or political communications. Journalism background a plus.
Base Salary Range: $130,000 - $160,000