Director, Corporate Communications
What you'll do:
- Develop communications strategies and tactics around the Company's culture, values and stories.
- Ensure Sony Music has strong communications plans and execution in place for its Diversity, Equity and Inclusion division including activities by its employee resource groups and around key milestones throughout the year.
- Partner with Corporate Communications team members and key senior executives and stakeholders to execute on communications strategies.
- Develop integrated storytelling to support and elevate the voice and work of Sony Music Entertainment (SME) employees across all of SME’s internal and external platforms, including social media.
- Generate media coverage for Sony Music’s partnerships with its Sony sister companies and thought leadership activities.
- Work with key external partners to generate coverage and public relations connections for Sony Music Entertainment.
- Manage several projects simultaneously with long-lead deadlines while working collaboratively with the corporate communications team and internal stakeholders.
- Generate new ideas and collaborate with others in a matrixed, creative environment.
- Drive consensus across various business units for company's communications goals.
- Assess audiences to leverage appropriate communications channels and develop content to meet different needs for communications strategies.
- Continuously challenge Company messaging, channels and platforms to keep storytelling fresh.
Who you are:
- Six to eight years in both internal and external communications at a global corporation or equivalent experience.
- Direct experience with Diversity and Inclusion communications is a must
- Entertainment and media experience is very nice to have.
- Some journalist contacts is a plus.
- Understanding of the need for a sense of urgency in certain deadline situations.
- Track record successfully managing internal and external communications at a global company including ability to collaborate with colleagues across the globe and understand cultural differences to ensure appropriate messaging.
- Proven ability to thoroughly and concisely advise on communications strategies, build relationships with internal and external audiences and enhance the overall organization's culture, diversity and performance.
- Experience in successfully pitching journalists and developing media opportunities for high profile brands and executives.
- Strong writing skills including talking points, op-eds, strategic blog posts.
- A strong team orientation and experience required.
- Organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure with a sense of humor.
- Ability to influence and drive positive change as an effective business partner.
- Strong presentation and communications skills.
- Critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Innate desire to collaborate.
This role will be based in NYC.
What we give you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
- An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
- Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
- We invest in your professional growth & development
- Time off for a winter recess
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.