Director, Content and Storytelling
Indivior is a global specialty pharmaceutical company with a 20-year legacy of leadership in patient advocacy, health policy and evidence-based best practice models that have revolutionized modern addiction treatment. The name is the blend of the words individual and endeavor, and the tagline “Focus on you” makes the company’s commitment clear. It represents and empathizes with the often-difficult journey each individual patient takes to overcome the challenges of addiction – a chronic relapsing disease.
Indivior is dedicated to transforming addiction from a global human crisis to a recognized and treated chronic disease. The Indivior logo radiates its patient-focused, holistic focus on expanding access to quality treatment for addiction worldwide. The company has a strong pipeline of products and candidates designed to both expand on its heritage in global opioid use disorder treatment and address other substance use disorders as well as mental health co-morbidities such as schizophrenia.
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Director, Content and Storytelling, is responsible for leading the creation of best-in-class content and creative strategies across a range of platforms that engages key audiences and moves opinion. S/he will partner with both functional and business leaders to develop long-term content strategies and be responsible for supporting the production of impactful content.
S/he will lead internal content development, supported by external consultants, that has the capability to produce high quality video, social, digital and print collateral, and have the capability to produce internal and external events.
The Director of Content and Storytelling will bring an audience-first storytelling approach to our communications programs. S/he would not only meet the requested content needs but be expected to seek out and identify areas across the organization where content and storytelling could be better used to both support business goals as well as build Indivior’s reputation with key stakeholders.
S/he oversees all of the company’s primary communications channels including the company’s website, and digital channels. This includes creating and developing an integrated social and digital media strategy supporting internal and external channels.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Institute a proactive story-telling approach supporting the Indivior corporate narrative and business unit objectives
- Oversee the development of impactful content for a range of stakeholders and platforms, including maintaining a coordinated editorial calendar of content implementation
- Lead agency team that is capable of producing high-quality video, social, digital, print collateral and experiential content
- Develop and execute a unified social and digital media strategy
- Oversee all of our communications channels
- Manage the approval of initiatives and materials through relevant Indivior copy clearance / approval committees
- Manage communications agencies and vendors to maximize the partnership and ensure the delivery of projects and programs within budget and on schedule
Education: Undergraduate degree required in Communications, Science, Business, or applicable field.
- Pharmaceutical or biotech industry communications experience
- Experienced understanding of federal regulation, policy, process, and protocol governing the pharmaceutical industry communications
- Highly refined written and oral communications skills
- At least 10 years of experience developing content at a corporation, trade association or agency and/or political campaigns
- Experienced in creating impactful content across all major external platforms including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Collaborative style at ease in a fast-paced environment
- A portfolio of successful content-driven communications campaigns
- Travel: 20%
In addition to the minimum qualifications, the employee will demonstrate:
- Ability to both build effective relationships and work in a compliant manner with external stakeholders such as media, advocacy groups, patients, healthcare providers and disease state thought-leaders
- Strong project management capability + business acumen with ability to both create and execute plans and programs
- Ability to manage complexity and ambiguity while keeping a positive attitude
- Work well in small team ‘roll-up your sleeves to get the work done’ environment
- Impeccable integrity and ability to conduct business in accordance with Indivior Core Values and Compliance policies
- Ability to develop credible relationships at all levels with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to translate scientific and clinical data into simple and clear communications
Indivior is committed to providing a culture driven by guiding principles and top-tier benefits that match the importance of the work we do. The Indivior experience includes:
- 3 weeks of vacation plus floating holidays and sick leave
- 401(k) and Profit-Sharing Plan - Company match of 75% on your first 6% of contributions discount and profit-sharing contribution equal to 4% of your eligible pay
- U.S. Employee Stock Purchase Plan- 15% Discount
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability coverage
- Health and Dependent Care Flex Spending options
- Adoption assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Leverage Concierge/personal assistance services
- Voluntary benefits including Legal, Pet Insurance and Auto/Home coverage
- Gym, fitness facility and cell phone discounts
Indivior’s guiding principles are the foundation for each employee’s success and growth. Each employee is expected to demonstrate understanding and adherence to our guiding principles in their everyday performance.
The duties and responsibilities identified in this position description are considered essential but are not limited to only those outlined. The employee may perform other functions that may be assigned. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of this position at any time.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY