The content director acts as the company’s content subject matter expert and leads the concepting, production, and measurement of a global, enterprise-wide content strategy targeting internal and external audiences in order to drive business and culture goals, support recruitment and retention, and build Emergent’s reputation with key stakeholders. The content director manages multiple projects on deadline, is agile and adapts to ambiguity and shifting objectives, and is able to triage, prioritize, and assign work efficiently and effectively, while building consensus among diverse stakeholders with competing priorities.
This role operates with a high level of independence, organizes and manages the work of a variety of internal and external stakeholders, and requires broad experience in using content to solve complex business challenges and drive ambitious business goals, including editorial, art direction, strategic communications, social media, and marketing analytics skills.
This role also is responsible for budget management and forecasting and will manage a range of agencies as well build/manage a creative team to be built over the course of the next two years that may include FTE and contractor designers, content strategists, social media strategists, web and tech producers, and other creative professionals.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop strategy for and oversee the production and distribution of all content for owned channels, including intranet and website, that support business and culture needs, and help to shape opinion in target stakeholder groups.
- Develop strategy for the company social media channels, including Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Glassdoor.
- Develop content distribution and promotion strategies to ensure content is reaching target audiences, including managing agencies and contractors to support paid strategies.
- Responsible for collaboration with company functions and business units to identify areas across the organization where content and storytelling could be used to drive business goals and help build Emergent's reputation with key stakeholders.
- Respond to crisis or issues management and reputation needs, using content and channels help address and influence in both short-term and long-term manner.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on data-driven content strategy, developing and reporting on data framework, and using data tools including Meltwater, Google Analytics, Search Console, Sharepoint, and SAP Career site builder, to measure content and channel performance, monitor trends over time, identify challenges and opportunities, and inform strategy.
- Act as the Emergent brand owner, developing and enforcing brand identity guidelines with internal and external stakeholders and managing various branding needs for company functions, business units, and external stakeholders.
- Manage traditional and digital venues for Emergent associated content to ensure the brand is well-represented and content is aligned with established quality standards
- Develop, implement, and enforce content policies and processes in order optimize team efficiency and quality of deliverables.
- Manage work of a variety of agencies and contractors. Manage internal FTEs as team grows.
- Serve as the company’s subject matter expert in content formats, design innovation, social media strategy, and other related topics, in order to drive successful communications, brand-building, and corporate marketing efforts enterprise wide.
- Work regularly and closely with EMT/ELT members to build buy in for content strategy and budget needs, to report strategy performance and business impact, and to support leadership goals.
- Manage and forecast content and communications budgets
- Research, choose, and advocate for innovative content and communications tools and platforms to support and efficient, modern content and communications organization.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
III. MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, English, graphic design, business – marketing, and/or other relevant field.
- Advanced degree or completion of relevant subject-matter certificates a plus.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in communications, marketing, content development, brand management, or similar
- Demonstrated experience in latest design, content distribution, and measurement tools – Indesign, Canva, Wordpress, Google Analytics, Sharepoint
Successful applicants for this position that are required to be onsite at any Emergent site at any time, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to legally required exemptions.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.