Our Secret Ingredient is our Teammates.
We offer great rewards, competitive pay, career advancement and growth opportunities.
Full Time Teammates are also eligible for:
- Paid Training
- Paid Time Off plus paid holidays
- 401(k) with Company matching on a dollar-for-dollar basis
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Group Health Insurance – Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability
- Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
Refresh and Grow your Career with Us!
The Director Compensation is accountable for providing strategic guidance and direction on enterprise-wide compensation and recognition programs. This role is responsible for the design, implementation, and ongoing evaluation of the organization’s compensation programs, including base pay, incentive pay, variable pay, job evaluation, and performance management programs.
Works with senior management to ensure that compensation strategy and programs support the organization’s business objectives and meet all legal requirements. Ensures the protection of company assets through the creation and monitoring of compensation guidelines and procedures, and by ensuring the company's compliance with all laws and regulations regarding pay.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Drives Compensation strategies through informed decision-making to ensure resolution of critical issues for projects or programs by collaborating with resource teams and leadership; identifying goals, assumptions, and risks, and ensuring change adaptation and sustainability. Creates senior leadership presentations and executive summaries of total rewards initiatives that support overall purpose, vision, objects and goals of the company for securing management approval for resource allocation.
- Directs, designs, and plans compensation policies and objectives. Oversees the collection of wage, salary, and incentive survey data to ensure the organization’s compensation programs/objectives attract, retain, and motivate teammates.
- Directs the daily activities of the Compensation Department to include the development of staff, administration of compensation policies and guidelines and ensures that timely and meaningful analysis occurs and results and are presented to senior leadership with recommendations regarding decisions related to compensation programs
- Leads compensation-related projects which involve revision, development, and or redesign of existing compensation programs. This would include high-level project management, partnering with appropriate internal and external resources and ensuring that projects are on-time and on budget, while achieving desired goals and objectives.
- Leads compensation programs including job analysis and evaluation to include job grading, salary structure design and review, conducts and oversees the various compensation surveys and studies to maintain the company's competitive position within the marketplace
- Directs market pricing activities by establishing standards and reviewing the work of the compensation team. Makes recommendations to leaders regarding base salary levels, appropriate grade assignment, total compensation opportunity and hiring ranges for given positions
- Ensures the administration of various compensation programs are compliant with established guidelines, processes and procedures. This may include programs such as incentive compensation, sales compensation, annual merit review cycle, geographic differential, shift differential, etc.
- Works closely with the benefits function to ensure that the total compensation and rewards programs are complimentary and meet the requirements needed to offer a strong Employee Value Proposition that is competitive in the marketplace.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- 7+ years of experience in Compensation and Incentive plan design
- Developed or experience with multiple compensation structures including collective bargained plans
- Ability to work cross-functionally, especially with HR, payroll and IS
- Developed analytical and communication skills. Public speaking and negotiation skills
- Ability to develop influencing professional relationships and credibility throughout the organization
- Advanced experience managing multiple dependencies in project and program delivery
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities with high-volume work periods combined with tight deadlines
- Strong ability to influence, drive decisions, and lead discussions utilizing data
- High-level and advanced proficiency in MS Project MS Access, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- SAP and SuccessFactors experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge acquired through 5 to 7 years work experience
- HR, Total Rewards, and Project Management technologies that include planning, modeling and/or forecasting tools
- Knowledge of relevant Federal, State, Local laws/regulations relating to total rewards
- Project Management certification and/or Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) and/or Human Resources
- Seven (7) years of increasing responsibility and experience in benchmarking, market research, influencing leaders and building presentations, including three (3) years of program and/or project management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management, Business Administration, Human Resources or related experience
Coca-Cola Consolidated, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.