Hi, We’re AppFolio.
We’re innovators, changemakers, and collaborators. We’re more than just a software company — we’re a cloud-based verticals company that creates products to make our customers’ lives easier. We’re revolutionizing the way people do business, and we want your ideas, your enthusiasm, and your passion to help us keep on innovating.
We love where we work, and you can, too.
What You’ll Do
Create and bring to life the differentiated compensation programs and practices that will power our growth by attracting, motivating and retaining the exceptional and diverse team that propels us to $1B and beyond.
What We’re Looking For
Develop and Deliver rewards programs that are differentiated, employee-valued, equitable and give us an edge in attracting & retaining top talent from diverse backgrounds.
- Lead the design of compensation programs and frameworks, including base, variable, and equity programs
- In alignment with our updated Executive Compensation approach, develop and implement a three-year broad-based rewards strategy and roadmap
- Evolve our compensation structures, job architecture and incentive programs
- Audit and ensure our pay practices are inclusive, maintaining pay equity, at least biannually.
- Develop Workday operational compensation processes that are streamlined and well-understood by managers and employees.
- In partnership with HRBPs and OE, ensure core compensation programs are well-executed by providing a positive experience for participants, leaders and making continuous improvements
- In partnership with the Sales Ops, Sales Finance, Legal and Sales Comp team, ensure our Sales Compensation review process and plan design is upleveled and well understood by participants.
- Collaborate with the internal communications team to ensure programs are understood and appropriately utilized.
- Ensure that compensation-related projects are managed effectively; monitor and review project progress and timelines; adjust schedules and plans as needed; and identify and resolve issues to ensure project success.
- Manage and mentor Total Rewards staff, both direct reports and those with peripheral compensation responsibilities
Enable leaders to make great equitable rewards decisions and have productive pay conversations
- Engage with senior level and management internal and stakeholders to the company, building relationships providing expert influence in the areas of Compensation and Total Rewards
- Communicate “Why AppFolio” with clarity
- Keep our compensation operating model clear and aligned across both HR and our business leaders
- Ensure our HR organization (ie People Dev’t & TA) have the rewards knowledge, education and resources to support leaders in compensation decision-making and communication
- Create Rewards superusers with knowledge, tools and education
- Improve the quality & timing of our reporting to leaders
Build and retain a high performing team
Define and apply strong governance practices to compensation processes to mitigate the biggest risks
- Conduct ongoing audits to maintain compliance with EEO, FLSA, and other labor regulations
What We’re Looking For
Strategic thinking: Ability to develop and adjust rewards strategy to address movements in the market and business. Inspires imagination by creating a coherent vision out of messy issues. Able to lead with a clear, compelling vision for the Total Rewards team.
Product Management: Leads with a product ownership mindset, with the ability to think strategically about a multi-year HR technology roadmap that is right for AppFolio.
Analytical skills: Able to distill data down to key information that enables great decision-making.
Business acumen: Understands how our business works, knowledgeable in current and future practices, policies, trends, and relevant technology. Grasps complexities and connections among problems or issues, able to prioritize elements that will most drive AppFolio success.
Consulting/Influencing skills:Highly curious and ability to influence leaders without pressure or rules.
Dot Connector: Thoughtfully considers how events, challenges, new information, and decisions may impact or connect to others and seizes the opportunity to join the associated people and teams. Consistently ensures that cross-functional partners and the voice of the customer are represented in the design and delivery of people practices.
- 10+ years of compensation/total rewards experience
- HRIS implementation or transition experience: Workday preferred
- You are a critical thinker with the ability to develop a long-range vision, multi-year systems roadmap, and innovative solutions
- You have a demonstrated track record of building high-performing teams
- You have significant project/product/program management experience related to the implementation of new platforms
- You are customer-obsessed and have a demonstrated track record of effective stakeholder management and influence
- You possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded in 2006 with the mission to revolutionize vertical industry businesses by providing great software and service. Our easy-to-use, cloud-based software helps our customers more effectively market, manage, and grow their businesses. Our software solutions exist in the real estate vertical, including AppFolio Property Manager and AppFolio Investment Management.
To find out more about what AppFolio has to offer, check out appfolioinc.com/careers.
Statement of Equal Opportunity
At AppFolio, we value diversity in backgrounds and perspectives and depend on it to drive our innovative culture. That’s why we’re a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we believe that our products, our teams, and our business are stronger because of it. This means that no matter what race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status, you’re always welcome at AppFolio.