Director Communications Strategist
We are looking for a collaborative Communications professional to fulfill a pivotal position within Prudential Communications on the Retirement, Insurance & Marketing Communications team. You will showcase your success through creative problem solving, business understanding, accountability, and innovation. You will function within and foster the advancement of our high performing team, which values both diversity and inclusion and delivers results through partnering across the team to bring fresh ideas to life. Your expertise in emerging trends and communications practices will evoke stimulating discussions around optimization and change to help keep our competitive edge. This rewarding opportunity will enable you to make a big impact in our organization, so if this sounds exciting, then Prudential Communications might be the right place for you.
The Director, Communications Strategist, US Insurance and Retirement Businesses will be aligned to a single business for much of their work, bringing critical understanding of the business or function to the team, and delivering value-added communications back to the business or function. In addition, the successful candidate will work in tandem across all of the businesses to cross-train, partner and backstop for any other business or function on the team.
The Director will partner with appropriate leaders to develop and execute an internal and external communications strategy that will serve to: advance the growth plans of the partner groups, connect employees to the business strategy, and engage stakeholders in a conversation about Prudential’s purpose, value and business solutions.
In addition, the Director with partner across their direct peers and the entire Prudential Communications ecosystem to collaborate on the creation and distribution of content that is meaningful to stakeholder groups, partner to ensure appropriate prioritization of work, and serve as an essential integrator across businesses and functions.
- 10+ years Communications experience with at least three years’ experience in corporate work
- Strong writer with experience writing across different channels.
- Ability to understand business priorities and identify how to partner to build and deliver communications campaigns through multiple channels to bring clarity to the agreed upon priorities
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed environment, achieve results through partner teams, understand audiences and ecosystem and leverage communications model
- Exemplary collaboration skills coupled with a belief that we can all learn valuable lessons from each other
- A self-starter that takes ownership and pride in work, thrives in change, and knows how to solve problems when there is ambiguity
- Experience in executive communications a plus
- Business Acumen: Understands the organization's internal and external business environments, including how it delivers value to customers, the market it operates in, and how its separate functions work together.
- Outcomes Focus: Delivers results that support project, function, and business outcomes, and maximizes my own utility by prioritizing work appropriately and executing efficiently.
- Creativity: Sees connections that others do not, successfully applies ideas drawn from seemingly unrelated contexts, and generates a wide array of useful solutions to solve problems.
- Persuasive Influence: Effectively persuades others, remains diplomatic in difficult situations, and leverages a large network of relationships for the good of the business.
- Communications Coaching: Coaches Communications colleagues and business partners in core communications skills and strategies when needed and shares good ideas for improving Communications' work and/or reputation.
- Channel Management: Increases familiarity of a wide array of channels, leverages their possibilities for maximum impact, and adapts messages effectively to them.
Prudential Financial, Inc. is focused on creating a fully inclusive culture, where all employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work. We don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it. At Prudential, employees have a unique opportunity to build their career path by owning their development, their career, and their future. We encourage employees to hone their skills and explore continued opportunities within Prudential.
Note: Prudential is required by state specific laws to include the salary range for this role when hiring a resident in applicable locations. The salary range for this role is from $144,500.00 to $195,500.00. Specific pricing for the role may vary within the above range based on many factors including geographic location, candidate experience, and skills. Roles may also be eligible for additional compensation and/or benefits. Eligibility to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program is subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance. In addition, employees are eligible for standard benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and retirement.Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, which may include an assessment, please email email@example.com.
Please note that the above email is solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance.