Director Central Operations
East Hanover, NJ
This position will be located at either the East Hanover or Tempe Arizona site and will not have the ability to be located remotely. This position will require travel as defined by the business (domestic and/ or international).”
Please note that this role would not provide relocation and only local candidates will be considered.
As an important member of the Patient Support Center Team, this individual’s responsibility will include sup-porting the Operational teams in achieving key business objectives and growth targets through the manage-ment and coordination of business-critical work streams and events. Key job duties include planning, coordi-nating, and managing strategy and field team operations, including implementation and ongoing maintenance of initiatives from PSS, Brand, Ops and Training. Operates with a solutions’-oriented mindset, strong interper-sonal and presentation skills, executive presence, and proactively takes initiative to problem solve.
This role is responsible for aligning operational cohesion of diverse teams. The role is focused on im-proving staff productivity and engagement by aligning with workforce management and benchmark service level agreements. This multifaceted role is positioned to oversee nearshore and offshore operations of intake specialists, generalists and or triage processing staff.
The Director of Central Operations role will lead PSC central functions across the operations of the PCS. The director will identify business needs and proactively bring insights to the operations head. Also, the role will escalate and solution up-stream issues that may impact NPS brands and franchises and implement improvement initiatives. These capabilities are critical for the NPS Patient Support Center which is planned to scale beyond 700 full time employees, serving customers and patients across NPS.
This person is responsible for monitoring the operational performance and deliverables of the NPS Operations from external and internal lenses. Designing / implementing intervention actions such as recommending training, coaching, rewards & recognition etc., to enhance morale, improve operation-al efficiencies and reduce turn-over / attrition.
- Manage a team of up to 100-150+ resources, including Associate Director(s) and agents
- Identify service needs and address with best practice solution (e.g., case manager operations, benefit verification & authorization operations. training, coaching, automation, omni-channel strategy and patient / provider outreach campaigns) and manage service delivery.
- Drive strategies for PCS sourcing (temporary, permanent, and off- shore), retention and incentive initiatives. Manage programs, onboarding, evaluation of talent and training of leaders.
- Oversee centralize processes (inkling offshore teams) that perform intake (data entry), triage (specialty prescriptions), and dictionary maintenance (Patient, providers, pharmacies, payers, etc).
- Deliver superior experience & operational excellence across the portfolio of products and services while balancing the need to optimize all investments based on the potential value
- Responsibility would include leading the implementation of initiatives focused on developing and enhancing the performance of the NPS patient support center.
- Determine staff size, scope and appropriate sourcing for staff (temporary, permanent, offshore).
- Responsible for implementing and improving recruitment and retention based on training results and staff performance.
- Control and standardize individual coaching, growth and performance incentive process and procedure
- Accurately leverage metrics and forecasted volume to determine Work Force management method.
- Manage central process and special projects: vendor transition, intake, triage, system dictionary and clean
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
- 6+ years pharmaceutical or specialty hub operations or related consulting experience
- 2 years of experience leading teams
- Experience working in a Patient Services contact center, pharmaceutical industry, healthcare or heavily regulated industry
- Ability to manage multiple projects and consistently meet deadlines
Why Novartis: Our purpose is to reimagine medicine to improve and extend people’s lives and our vision is to become the most valued and trusted medicines company in the world. How can we achieve this? With our people. It is our associates that drive us each day to reach our ambitions.
Be a part of this mission and join us! Learn more here: https://www.novartis.com/about/strategy/people-and-culture
You’ll Receive: You can find everything you need to know about our benefits and rewards in the Novartis Life Handbook. https://www.novartis.com/careers/benefits-rewards
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $192,000 and $288,000 year; however, while salary ranges are effective from 1/1/23 through 12/31/23, fluctuations in the job market may necessitate adjustments to pay ranges during this period. Further, final pay determinations will depend on various factors, including, but not limited to geographical location, experience level, knowledge, skills and abilities. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Accessibility and Reasonable Accommodations: Individuals in need of a reasonable accommodation due to a medical condition or disability for any part of the application process, or to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call +1 (877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.