Director, Business Development and Sales
Ford Next has been designed to accelerate innovation and progress of delivering shared, sustainable transportation including autonomous vehicles and securing Ford’s place in the future eco system of mobility through strategic investments and the launch of new businesses. The Ford Drive team is part of Ford Next and is responsible for delivering moving goods and moving people services via Ford vehicle, fleet services and future autonomous vehicles and fleets. This has created an opportunity for an exciting role to lead business development and sales within Ford Drive as a Director of Business Development and Sales.
This role reports to the General Manager, Ford Drive Business Operations which reports to the VP, New Businesses. The Director of Business Development and Sales will manage a team of 3-4 direct reports based in in Michigan/hybrid/remote. This Ford Drive Business Development and
/Sales team will cover the entire US.
What you’ll be able to do:
Ford Drive is seeking a proven Director of Business Development and Sales to identify target companies who would benefit from a partnership with Ford Drive for vehicles or fleet services as well as be interested in future partnerships for autonomous vehicles, fleets or software services. This person will not only help build a team, but also identify the structure, strategy and solutions to both the business and customers. Key responsibilities include:
- Attract, coach, and develop a world-class sales team
- Assess and optimize current sales process, methodologies, infrastructure, and metrics
- Create and execute a long-term sales plan and
- Build and maintain a pipeline that meet and exceed sales and partnership targets
- Provide input on Ford Next’s products and provide market intelligence and greater insight into the viability of expansion plans
- The Director of Business Development and Sales will ideally be located in Southeastern Michigan however, we will consider candidates who are remote or hybrid.
The Director will have deep expertise in delivering large, complex and transformative sales initiatives. They will have a collaborative leadership style with the ability to lead through influence and build meaningful relationships at all levels and functions of the organization. Credibility among the team and peers is essential as well as a deep understanding of the Ford+ Plan, enabling an enterprise mindset.
This person will model Ford+ behaviors: compete like a challenger, modernize, disrupt and care for each other. They will champion a winning culture and inspire and motivate our teams by leading emerging digital technologies and agile to deliver value to the business.
They will be highly skilled in attracting and developing talent and bring a strong commitment to diversity and belonging. They will have executive presence, be able to work cross-functionally, in a matrixed environment and have experience in a large multi-national company. Most important, the successful leader will exhibit the Ford+ behaviors and work diligently and ethically each day to help achieve success of the Ford+ plan. Our most successful executive partners adopt best practices, follow established processes, and embrace feedback with a mindset of continuous improvement.
Functional & Technical Knowledge
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, or related field
- 10+ years of sales experience in the vehicle/fleet/logistics/transportation/ delivery/mobility industry
- 5+ years of sales or business development leadership experience of a national sales team
Our preferred requirements:
- Advanced degree or MBA
- History of overachieving targets and experience managing a high performing team of Sales or Business Development Executives at a National Level
- Hands-on manager willing to sell with team members
- Experience negotiating and closing high velocity sales cycles in a consultative manner with C-level executives
- Proven client-facing skills, including effective presentation and communication skills
- Ability to build relationships across the customer organization, at all levels
- Exceptional tech literacy and ability to work quickly and independently around the sales cycle
- Ability to work in a fast paced, startup environment
- The best candidates will have a strong sales background and bring an established network of contacts with fleet customers
- Ability to see the big picture while delivering on short-term objectives
- Proven ability to manage external partners and satisfy customers
- Previous experience in a new growth, fast paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and drive parallel projects and distributed teams with tight deadlines
- Maturity and leadership to drive cultural change, exceptional communication skills
What you'll receive in return
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation, and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation, and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.