Director, Business Development
Amsive is a data-driven performance marketing agency that enhances marketing ROI through innovative customer acquisition and engagement solutions. As a full-service agency, Amsive enables growth by leveraging digital and direct-native expertise, with dedicated teams shaping powerful strategies, creative executions, with direct and digital solutions, including SEO, paid search, media, and performance measurement.
At Amsive, our people are our first priority. With approximately 1,000 hybrid employees across 6 regional offices, we bring together the brightest minds in direct and digital marketing to challenge the status quo as a new kind of agency. With a focus on collaboration and innovation, we deliver measurable results and drive growth for our clients while providing a supportive environment where you can focus on your career growth.
We offer competitive wages, excellent benefits, and a positive work environment designed around the commitment to mutual respect and the challenge of contributing to the continued success of our organization. Explore our culture.
**This is a REMOTE position. Candidates can be located anywhere in US Time Zones. New York preferred**
As Director of Business Development (DBD) you are focused on customer acquisition, growing our agency pipeline of sales, driving account revenue growth, and generating new logo wins. In this role, you will focus on areas that will include all digital channels and solutions within the Amsive agency portfolio.
This position requires passion for sales, the love of building relationships, a go getter personality, and a never-ending drive in helping your clients achieve their business objectives and KPI’s.
To build pipeline and revenue you will be responsible to prospect strategic accounts as well as handle provided inbound leads from our marketing and SDR efforts. You will lead discussions with new potential clients, guide them through our agency capabilities and collaborate with our talented staff of subject matter experts to deliver winning new business pitches.
- Working with our marketing and leadership teams, develop and maintain a list of high valued targets for new logo acquisition.
- Secure meetings with high-level decision makers and influencers on targeted strategic accounts
- Build and maintain a healthy base of leads and contacts through extensive research, leveraging new and existing networks and third-party agency toolsets
- Use multi-channel outreach - including email, social media, and cold calling for new business outreach.
- Attend industry trade shows, sponsored events, obtain speaking engagements and network for new opportunities.
- Handle provided inbound leads for proper qualification with a needs-based consultive approach to sales, we do not SELL we Consult for a fit for our solutions.
- Evaluate, identify, prioritize, and scope new opportunities based on how they fit within the Amsive growth strategy.
- Collaborate with leadership, agency department strategy leads and subject matter experts, to deliver comprehensive agency solution proposals and presentations.
- Build decks and develop strategic scope of work documents that properly present our agency solutions, working closely with marketing and sales enablement on pricing and qualification.
- Working closely with SVP Sales, and other Group Director(s), to develop new partnerships that will increase new business and cross sell opportunities.
- Manage and grow revenue from existing clients by building and maintaining good and lasting relationships to help uncover new client needs, drive additional growth opportunities, and assure all clients understand our full multi-channel offering.
- Understand the organizational structure, budgets and marketing objectives of clients and their agencies, determining how Amsive can help them achieve their marketing goals.
- Oversee all deliverables in the sales cycle, including proposals, sales decks, RFP responses and real-time updates.
- Ensure CRM is up-to-date and deliver weekly reporting to management on the state of the sales pipeline, meetings held, account activity and business closed won as well as real-time recording of sales activities in company Salesforce CRM database. Maintain and provide analysis of Salesforce CRM data.
- Liaise effectively across many different departments and stakeholder groups across the company including the following teams, Marketing, Media, SEO, Analytics, Social, Content & Finance, grow build and cultivate internal partnerships with key stakeholders.
The primary Goal of a DBD is to deliver new digital sales revenues from current and prospective clients. This includes managing the entire digital sales lifecycle from identifying our target sectors and clients, identifying opportunities from existing clients, building the prospect database, delivering sales campaigns to these prospects, following up on the campaigns to arrange meetings and securing briefs, presenting our initial credentials, and developing our proposals in response to these briefs.
- 5+ years of direct sales experience, with 2+ years in an agency environment
- Ability to lead collaborative presentations
- Strong presentation & interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from start to finish.
- Exceptional understanding of digital landscape and ecosystem, key players, revenue models, search, social media, programmatic and digital ad technology
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills, meticulous follow up
- Highly analytical, ability to interpret data, recognizing inflection points and key insights
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly proficient in creating and presenting PowerPoint decks
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at Amsive, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call (331) 318-7800.
Amsive is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a supportive and inclusive environment for all employees. It is Amsive’s continuing policy to provide equal employment opportunity and not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, pregnancy or childbirth, marital status, national origin, ancestry or citizenship status, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including (but not limited to) application for employment, recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers, training, layoffs, rehires, termination of employment and all other terms and conditions of employment.
As part of the Company's equal employment opportunity policy, Amsive will also take affirmative action as called for by applicable laws and Executive Orders to ensure that minority group individuals, females, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and qualified disabled persons are introduced into our workforce and considered for promotional opportunities.