Director, Brand Strategy, Entertainment
New York, NY
The E.W. Scripps Company is hiring a Director, Brand Strategy who will oversee Brand Strategy across assigned entertainment brands. Lead a team responsible for managing the strategy, execution and development of the Scripps brands with regard to viewership, revenue, communications, and distribution objectives. This is a hybrid position that can be located in Atlanta or NYC.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develop and implement strategy to increase visibility and exposure.
- Create marketing briefs for key marketing campaigns taking a strategic, data-driven, and holistic view of the brand(s) involved.
- Manage and coordinate all media, communications, marketing, advertising and promotional activities including determining desired outcomes, creative idea generation and production, as well as technical execution.
- Conceptualize, develop, and implement marketing plans and projects for new and existing initiatives. Manage productivity and effectiveness of those plans and continually optimize for success.
- Devise and execute content marketing plans that promote market leadership and support marketing efforts.
- Produce creative and copy to support best practices for use across consumer, trade and press outlets.
- Stand out as a brand expert and support industry relationships to deliver and exceed the company’s marketing and revenue goals.
- Evolve our corporate and individual brand’s visions, positioning and messaging and translate it into consistent tactical brand and creative strategy across all touchpoints.
- Build awareness, drive traffic, and create overall business value to support the growth of the Scripps brands.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- BS/BA in related discipline or equivalent years of experience preferred
- Generally, 10+ years of experience in related field preferred
- Prior managerial experience preferred
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Ability to think strategically, execute quality output under tight deadlines
- Strong time management skills and ability to effectively multitask
- High level of creativity, ability to think "outside the box"
- Strong brand management focus
- Strong presentation skills and ability to lead meetings
- Proven contract negotiating and supplier management skills
- Superior oral and written communication and analytical skills
- Ability to work well independently and on a team
- Scripps offers a hybrid working option for this position
SCRIPPS' COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
At Scripps, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the communities we serve. We are intentional about creating an environment where employees, our audiences and other stakeholders feel valued and inspired to reach their full potential and make authentic connections. We foster a workplace culture that embraces each person’s diversity, including the extent to which they are similar or different. Scripps leaders believe that an equitable and inclusive culture is not only the right thing to do, it is a business imperative. Read more about our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion at scripps.com.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As one of the nation’s largest local TV broadcasters, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of more than 60 stations in 40+ markets. Scripps reaches households across the U.S. with national news outlets Scripps News and Court TV and popular entertainment brands ION, Bounce, Defy TV, Grit, ION Mystery and Laff. Scripps is the nation’s largest holder of broadcast spectrum. Scripps is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps’ long-time motto is: “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.