Director Assistant General Counsel
We’re at the forefront of the data revolution, committed to building the world’s greatest data and applications platform. Our ‘get it done’ culture allows everyone at Snowflake to have an equal opportunity to innovate on new ideas, create work with a lasting impact, and excel in a culture of collaboration.
Snowflake is seeking an experienced privacy attorney to help shape and mature our privacy program as we grow in size and expand our geographic footprint. This role calls for a self-motivated team player who can proactively manage multiple projects to operationalize privacy priorities throughout the company. Superb written and verbal communication skills are critical for successfully conveying complex and nuanced issues to enterprise teams and executives in a clear and concise manner. We are looking for someone with demonstrated leadership skills who can hit the ground running and make an immediate impact. This role will report to the Head of Privacy in the United States. This is an in-person role; currently the team attends the office Tuesday through Thursday, with remote work allowed on Mondays and Fridays. You can be based in Dublin (California), Atlanta (Georgia), Mclean (Virginia), New York (New York), Bellevue (Washington), or Bozeman (Montana).
- Partner closely with our HR, IT, security, compliance, procurement and other business teams on data protection-related matters, emphasizing the importance of privacy while delivering practical and business-minded legal advice
- Support the design, implementation, and improvement of corporate processes, controls, and systems affecting personal data, with a focus on automation and scale
- Drive the implementation of high-impact projects designed to operationalize privacy compliance, including cross-border data transfer obligations
- Conduct and review privacy risk assessments and data protection impact assessments, and provide privacy guidance to business teams on implementation of internal and external processes and tools
- Provide privacy advice in M&A transactions and post-close integration activities
- Develop and iterate on privacy-related notices, policies, procedures, training, and guidelines
- Evaluate and internally report on the impact of U.S., European, and international legislative, regulatory, legal developments and industry guidelines involving privacy and drive compliance strategies
- Support privacy-related certifications and audits
- Work independently and collaboratively on projects related to data governance, data protection and privacy by design
- Partner with other members of privacy team on privacy guidance for marketing teams
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- 8+ years of substantive privacy legal experience, preferably with recent experience in-house with a successful, high-growth enterprise SaaS company
- Experience with EU and international privacy and data protection laws, regulations and standards
- Experience with employment-related and IT-related privacy issues
- Exceptional organizational, project management, and prioritization skills
- Strong critical and analytical thinking skills, with the ability to pragmatically weigh the risks and benefits of complex situations
- Ability to work with people at all levels in the organization, in a fast-paced environment
- Service-oriented, professional and strong integrity
- Strong attention to detail
- A good sense of humor and passionate about privacy
The following represents the expected range of compensation for this role:
- The estimated pay range for this role is $222,000 - $362,200.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Snowflake's bonus and equity plan.
The successful candidate's starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location. This role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; 401(k) retirement plan; flexible spending & health savings account; at least 12 paid holidays; paid time off; parental leave; employee assistance program; and other company benefits.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we're scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?