The Director of Analytics & Business Intelligence will be a key partner to the company’s leadership, managing the company’s analytics team, driving the company’s reporting roadmap, and directing implementation and enforcement of the company’s data management processes. The ideal candidate will balance day-to-day team management with a strategic vision of the company’s long term data and analytics needs, and be a champion for Connected’s goal of being the most data-driven company in cannabis.
What You Will Do
- Lead the company’s multi-state analytics department as it measures the performance of and provides analytical support to all operational divisions of the company, including the Cultivation, Operations, and Commercial teams.
- Develop, coach, and mentor the team to be best-in-class business intelligence partners to the business.
- Manage and balance workflows between ad hoc requests and long term strategic initiatives
- Own the company’s monthly metrics package to be published and presented to senior leadership team
Reporting Roadmap and Strategic Vision
- Own the analytics roadmap for Connected through project management, timeline planning, communicating goals and objectives regularly to senior leadership team, and prioritizing needs and resources effectively.
- Serve as the company’s leading data advocate: what metrics aren’t we tracking that we should be? What investments in data could drive better insights into the business?
- Partner on a senior level with operational leaders in the company to understand their data needs and provide solutions to get them there.
- Oversee data vendor relations at the company, including new and existing potential data partnerships.
- Develop and enforce data best practices for data flow from ERP to database to dashboard.
- Enforce and maintain standardized definitions of KPIs in an evolving business model
- Partner with finance and IT leadership to develop a comprehensive data strategy to allow for scalability as Connected expands into other states
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a related quantitative field required
- 8-10 years or more of progressive experience in analytics and/or business intelligence roles
- 3-5 years or more experience leading and developing an analytics team, preferably within CPG industry
- Ability to balance multiple, diverse priorities and produce high quality deliverables
- Advanced skills in MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Communication skills of explaining complex data topics to non-experts (i.e. sales, production, supply chain, cultivation, and other non-finance business units)
- Advanced skills in BI software (Tableau, PowerBI, Looker)
- Advanced skills MS SQL
- Strong experience working with large-scale datasets and multiple tasks or projects simultaneously
- Working knowledge of GAAP strong plus
Compensation Description (Annually): The salary range for this position in the selected city is $175,000.00 - $200,000.00 annually.
Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the total compensation package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work, and this role may be eligible for variable compensation or additional incentives.
Connected is an exciting, innovative workplace with an inclusive culture that offers rare career opportunities, and a chance to make a real-world impact in a new start-up industry! We are looking for exceptional people to join our team as we transition into the next phase of our business ventures and become a leader in the cannabis industry.
- Competitive Pay and Stock Options
- 401 (k), Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program
- PTO, Flexible Schedules, Work-Life Balance
- Career Growth and Internal Advancement Opportunities
- Chance to work in an exciting new start-up industry with awesome people!