Director, Agency Partnerships
ShogunRemote, Oregon, United States5 months ago
Shogun, and we're on a mission to help people create the best eCommerce experiences in the world.
We were in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, we recently raised a Series A investment, we have over 14,000 active paying clients, and we're preparing to launch a new product in 2020 (you can read more in Tech Crunch).
Our teams are fully distributed and global (check out our team page)! We have no office, so we are looking for team members that are comfortable with and motivated by the opportunity to work remotely.
- You drive measurable results and are comfortable owning quantitative goals.
- You have exceptional active listening skills, with a true desire to help partners and their clients.
- You understand startups are chaotic and you kind of like it. You can navigate, reign in and thrive in the chaos.
- You are a strategist who uses data to guide your decisions.
- You lead by example. You are comfortable with simultaneously "rolling up your sleeves" and delegating.
- You are a "team builder". You can identify and coach key players to support your team.
- You are an exceptional communicator. When people speak to you they feel acknowledged and respected. When you speak to people they have a clear understanding of action items.
- You work async. You use meetings strategically, and keep the focus on metrics.
- You understand technology, and are familiar with the latest web technologies and software.
In this role you will...
- Build and lead the Agency Partnerships team at Shogun.
- Own Key Results for (1) driving client opportunities from our agency partners, and (2) finding qualified agency partners to engage for implementation project work.
- Enrich and expand our relationships with eCommerce web development and design agencies.
- Define and formalize our agency partner program (support, training, referral commissions, etc.).
- Build out a team of Agency Partnership Managers who develop and manage agency relationships and carry referral quota.
- Identify and vet agencies to become service partners whom we refer work to- this work is focused on technical implementation (rebuilding of sites) in our software.
- Collaborate with our Product team to make sure that Agency feedback is collected, and that we're building a product that resonates with our agency partners.
- Ensure that our agency partners are well taken care of.
- 5+ years experience as an eCommerce agency owner, managing director, or in a leadership role in Business Development at an eCommerce agency.
- 3+ years experience building (hiring), scaling, and leading teams with high performing reps.
- Deep understand of eCommerce website projects, and the software and technology that supports eCommerce stores.
- Track record of exceeding revenue goals in both individual and leadership capacity.
- Data-driven approach to strategy and decision making.
- Fluency with sales SaaS tools, and understanding of integrations, sales operations
- Experience navigating nascent sales channels is preferred.
- Salesforce for CRM
- Outreach.io for outbound
- Chorus.ai for sales insights and intelligence
- Slack for communication
- Notion for documentation
- Geekbot for daily updates
- Generous compensation package
- Benefits (vary by location)
- An accomplished and dedicated team that is fun to work with.
- Remote work – We are a fully distributed team
- Occasionally, we hire on a full time contractor basis to begin with. Team members enjoy the same opportunities for great compensation, full time positions, equity, and consideration, regardless of location.
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what's right over what's easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other.
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent.
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth.
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class