Director, Acquisition Marketing
The Director, Direct to Consumer Acquisition Marketing is responsible for the development & timely delivery of go-to-market acquisition plans for the IFB, Medicare & Medicaid product lines. Demonstrate Individual & Family, Medicare and Medicaid expertise, utilize consumer data, research and marketing insights & analytics to build cost effective, customized go-to-market programs to drive consumer engagement, optimize channel performance and reach/engage new and expanding consumer segments down the enrollment life cycle.
Reports to the VP, Marketing, and collaborates across the enterprise to ensure alignment and integration and establishes key partnerships with MX, Markets, Sales/Distribution, Finance, Product & Management, Customer Service, Legal/Compliance, and IT to advance and support key priorities, market goals & objectives and deliver cost effective results.
Direct, manage and support the professional development of direct reports and broader acquisition marketing team.
Direct reports include an experienced and effective marketing team responsible for developing market specific go to market plans and are accountable for the timely execution of direct to consumer acquisition campaigns and supporting collateral and digital assets.
Responsible for setting direction and framework for acquisition strategy, identification and exploration of new channels of delivery, test and optimize performance and drive consumer engagement to support sales in new and existing markets.
- Responsible for the development and execution of direct-to-consumer marketing strategies and plans aligned and supporting finance, sales and markets goals/market expansions
- Deliver on goals, and optimize performance with measurable, results-oriented decision making
- Develop acquisition strategies aligned to business goals using consumer analytics and predictive modeling to define market opportunities, develop goals and forecasts, and continuous improvement through test and learn design and channel optimization
- Optimize media channels to support various stages of sales funnel
- Develop and build Medica’s brand awareness campaign in priority markets to support annual sales cycle
- Support the development and implementation of distribution channel communications programs designed to build the brand, inform, educate, support sales growth, and strengthen relationships with internal and external distribution channels that support D2C market segments
- Test and optimize media strategies to drive growth across all mediums including traditional, digital and organic, lead exploration of emerging media channels
- Collaborate with marketing analytics to inform acquisition campaign strategy including segmentation and targeting, A/B testing and measurement plans
- Develop and lead execution of integrated marketing campaigns with emphasis on direct response and digital acquisition channels
- Nurture prospects through their journey, tracking and optimizing their digital experience across every touchpoint and marketing channel
- Use research and consumer insights to understand consumer journey for audiences; work with marketing partners to remove friction in digital, call center, broker and other sales channels
- Lead collaboration with digital operations to create site experiences, enable retargeting and lead management to optimize digital engagement and conversion
- Collaborate with campaign enablement team to implement, track and measure of marketing campaigns
- Meet financial objectives through annual budget preparation and ongoing forecasting and results analysis; oversee regular reporting of KPIs across marketing channels and campaigns
- Maintain & optimize relationships with external vendors, review and oversee the work product of Medica’s media agency, production vendors and inside partners and any contractor resources.
- Develop and manage marketing budget
- Lead, develop and mentor 4-10 person acquisition marketing team
Minimum education level required: Bachelor's degree, MBA preferred
Minimum years of experience in the field required:
- 10+ years of related work experience beyond degree(s)
- 10+ years leadership experience leading cross product teams
- 5-10 years leading multi-channel health plan Marketing
- 5-10 years demonstrated experience driving marketing innovation and performance optimization
- Strong financial& budget management expertise
- Demonstrated experience driving, leading and executing change and innovation
This position is a Hub role, which requires an employee to occasionally come onsite to the designated office – Minnetonka, Madison, Omaha – for applicable heads-up work. Frequency is determined by business need as decided by leadership.
Medica's commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) includes unifying our workforce through learning and development, recruitment and retention. We consistently communicate the importance of DEI, celebrate achievements, and seek out community partnerships and diverse suppliers that are representative of everyone in our community. We are developing sustainable programs and investing time, talent and resources to ensure that we are living our values. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, where all qualified candidates receive consideration for employment indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)