At Warner Music Group, we’re a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
- Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
- Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
- Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
- Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
Job Title: Digital & Social Content Editor and Creator (Contract)
A little bit about our team:
Warner Records is home to some of the most influential and innovative artists of our time. Its reputation and extraordinary roster of new and established recording artists is unparalleled, and its collective influence on pop culture is without precedent. With a visionary approach toward discovering and nurturing musical talent, the Warner Records family of labels is currently home to an impressive generation of major artists.
The mission of the Digital Marketing department is to drive fandom, music consumption, D2C purchases and social conversation/engagement using innovative digital marketing strategies. The team is responsible for all aspects of an artist’s digital presence including digital narrative development, digital advertising, social content ideation, influencer campaigns, digital advertising, CRM, social/digital partner activations, content seeding, websites, etc. We work directly with the artists to translate the vision of their music into groundbreaking digital campaigns and provide in-depth creative consulting geared toward growing a highly engaged fanbase.
This role will create, edit, and produce video, graphics, and animation content for Warner Records artists and various digital marketing campaigns. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of non-linear editing software, a collaborative spirit, and passion for crafting social content.
Here you’ll get to:
- Create groundbreaking social video content
- Edit content delivered by artists into high-performing social content
- Assemble music video cutdowns
- Produce pre-roll/ ad/ live content cut downs
- Edit video social posts for artists
- Maintain expert level knowledge of content formats across TikTok, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, etc.
- Create short form digital marketing content to support our artists and releases
- 2-4 years of experience in digital/social content editing
- Full knowledge of Final Cut Pro Studio and Adobe Creative Cloud (After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier) on the mac operating system
- Acute attention to detail and organization
- Outstanding verbal and written communicator
- Excellent problem solver and self-starter
- Exceptional time management skills
- Ability to work optimally under pressure and balance multiple priorities
- Expertise in social media content strategy with a passion for fan-focused digital strategies
We’d love it if you also had:
- Experience using project management software such as Jira and Basecamp
- Understanding of social media analytics and posting tools such as Falcon and HootSuite
- ·Passion for short form content, editing and digital marketing
As the home to 300 Elektra, Asylum, Atlantic, East West, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world’s premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We’re the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Together, we are Warner Music Group: Music With Vision & Voice.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
$37.00 to $45.00 HourlySalary ranges are included for job postings where required by law. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as work experience and business needs. The pay range is subject to change at any time dependent on a variety of internal and external factors.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.