Digital Marketing Manager
WHO WE ARE
At American Meadows (AMC), our purpose is “Doing Good Through Gardening.” Each day we get to make people happy and the earth better by providing gardeners with the products, knowledge and experience they need to succeed. We have a decade+ track record of growth and we are excited about our future. We are passionate about connecting gardeners with the products, knowledge, and inspiration to dig in and garden with confidence. We seek to be a trusted gardening partner for those new to gardening and those looking to expand their gardening prowess —those who are willing to combine new ideas and products with classic favorites. We work to do this by providing a top-quality assortment of products, a team that’s passionate about what we do and a “customer-first” approach to our ecommerce shopping experience. If this sounds intriguing, read on...
WHO YOU ARE & WHAT YOU’D DO
Our Digital Marketing Manager drives our online channel marketing mix and website conversion. You are well-versed in all areas of digital marketing, will identify new channels while increasing value and conversion from our existing channels. You will be knowledgeable in ecommerce fundamentals, optimization of paid acquisition, analytics and reporting. You will own the overall channel management and partner to ensure website execution. You'll collaborate with marketing peers, product team stakeholders and the web development team on an integrated content and marketing calendar to drive results. Proactive performance analysis (leveraging Website Analytics, Email Analytics, SEO tools, Social Analytics) are key to this role, including maintaining digital forecasts and KPI dashboard. You will manage our paid digital advertising budgets and performance, working closely with our digital agencies to optimize the effectiveness of these programs. You must be confident and comfortable in not only outlining annual initiatives and campaigns, but also in managing day-to-day results, projects, and execution.
If this role looks to be a good fit for the next steps of your career, show off your skills by thoroughly reviewing the accountability matrix, reply with your resume and complete Step 1 (listed below) of the application process to our Staff Happiness Jedi.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Accountability: Optimize Online Marketing Performance by delivering exceptional channel results.
- Plan and manage Paid Channels, including search text and shopping ads, Paid Social, etc.
- Manage SEO efforts, including keyword research, analysis and implementation into content and other aspects of websites.
- Implement performance management processes.
- Plan and set up A/B testing.
- Manage, monitor, and optimize website conversion funnel.
- Increase website sessions.
- Improve website conversion.
- Improve return on ad spend efficiency across selling channels.
- Optimize channel mix.
Accountability: Channel Reporting + Analysis
- Manage, optimize and report on KPI's (e.g. customer growth) for all digital marketing programs across all device types.
- Review site analytics for insights, trends and opportunities.
- Maintain and create data visualizations/dashboards for performance insight
- Own all marketing and digital analytics tools; including Google Analytics, set-up and configuration of tracking and attribution models to measure user behavior through the customer journey
- On-time execution of Digital Performance Plans.
- Present thoughtful insights that answer ‘why did it happen’, ‘what should we do about it’ and ‘what do we think will happen next.
- Present weekly analysis of channel performance to a broad range of stakeholders.
- Continually work to automate existing manual reporting processes.
- Pursue data quality, troubleshoot data validation, and see issues thru to resolution.
Accountability: Planning and Strategy
- Support Director in the oversight of the online marketing budget, make recommendations for reallocation and/or investment based on individual program performance and brand goals.
- Develop a deep understanding of our brand's identity including product, editorial and marketing initiatives to develop digital strategies that meet both financial and brand-building goals.
- Contribute to technology & marketing strategy.
- Complete projects on time and within project estimates.
- Contribute to successful team structure and dynamic.
- Contribute to a highly productive, profitable ecommerce team, hitting quarterly project and sales goals.
- 3 years experience managing and analyzing digital marketing programs.
- Experience with a strong, values-based brand preferred
- In-depth knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, Adobe, etc.).
- Experience using Google Tag Manager; including implementation of enhanced ecommerce tracking, tag sequencing, etc.
- Strong grasp of mobile and desktop UX/UI design fundamentals and best practices and how they impact website performance.
- Collaborator mindset, with strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal & written) with the ability to liaise with internal groups (Creative Marketing, Web Dev, Merchandise, external resources, etc.)
- We’re gardeners – you should be too… or at least possess a thirst to learn!
- We don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product, and our community.
- We are introverts, extroverts, and everything in between.
- The dogs are fantastic, Clover will forever be our queen bee and Grover dresses up for every holiday.
- We have a week dedicated each year to dressing up in costumes.
- There is no greater honor than winning the Zombie Gnome award.
- Meetings are banned until after lunch each day.
- You’ll keep a pair gardening shoes and slippers in your office locker (when working in-office).
- We embrace memes.
- Don’t Stop Believin’ is our national anthem.
- The usual, but very important, things like health, vision, dental and pet insurance (which the company contributes to), as well as a matching retirement plan and company paid Life Insurance and Disability.
- Paid time off and holidays to rejuvenate your mind and spend time with friends and family is very important.
- We’re life-long learners and want you to be inspired to grow, whether it’s through Master Gardener, an Excel class, or want to be more informed in ways to support our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion efforts.
- We share in our financial success and you’ll receive an incentive bonus when we achieve our financial and project goals each quarter.
- The best way for you to connect with our products is by digging in the dirt and gardening with our products. We offer a product discount that is basically at-cost. And at the end of each season, with any remaining unsold products, we give them out to our employees and the community to fuel more gardening passion!
HOW TO APPLY
If this work sounds invigorating and you’re excited to learn more, please complete Step 1: Review our digital advertising on search. Write a summary of your journey to American Meadows from Google to a specific product page that highlights what is working well, what is an opportunity for improvement. Feel free to share thoughts that you believe will help us improve (don’t worry, we have thick skin!).
Also include a resume, but please focus on the first aspect as it’s the key to proving that you’re the right fit. Our Staff Happiness Jedi is excited to hear from you and the best way to submit your application is by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
American Meadows is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.