Digital Marketing Consultant on the Customer Relationship Management team.
The Customer Relationship Management team, part of the Customer Engagement & Activation Team at MassMutual, is primarily located in the innovation hub of Boston – The Seaport District. We’re a smallish team, so it’s exciting and unusual that we have open positions. If you are a marketer who is passionate about helping people secure financial freedom, and protect the ones they love, who also enjoys coming up with ideas, making them better, and making them happen, then please read further.
The Digital Marketing Consultant is responsible for management of B2B and B2C marketing campaigns, to create dynamic, personalized direct marketing communications in support of the marketing funnel from engagement and nurture strategies, demand generation, lead qualification and sales conversion aligned to various distribution channels. Supports new initiatives and strategic projects. Has technical marketing experience with Marketing Automation and CRM Platforms, developing and executing on direct marketing strategies, and optimization via continuous testing. Makes recommendations from a business perspective, influences decisions and participates in projects with cross-organizational boundaries, particularly within the company’s Brand Activation & Engagement team and distribution channel partners. Consults with business partners in planning and executing strategies. Supports integration of marketing activities across channels.
- Manages direct marketing campaigns for the Customer Relationship Management digital marketing team, primarily via email, direct mail, mobile and social channels and in partnership with integrated marketing channel partners
- Works with cross-functional teams to define business and test data requirements
- Works with Marketing Data and Analytics partners to:
- Generate business requirements to processes data for email, mobile and direct mail campaigns; set up audits to ensure accuracy of files
- Leverage foundational marketing data layer, CRM, and Salesforce Marketing Cloud automation to develop automated, data-triggered communications in support of overall strategic goals
- Understands and extracts data from complex databases, using various business applications
- Interfaces with various development teams to evaluate, maintain and innovate technical aspects of key marketing systems
- Develops marketing campaigns in accordance with best practices and SOPs to ensure performance is tracked and reported accurately and all response channels are properly functioning
- Creates testing plans, prioritizing most significant opportunities and efficiencies across campaigns
- Measures campaign results and makes actionable recommendations, optimizing marketing campaigns/workflows based on performance. This includes researching access to new data points or adjusting campaign segmentation criteria.
- Participates in budgeting and vendor management to minimize costs while maintaining quality work Manage schedules and timelines to maintain campaign dates
- Assists with the annual planning process
- Develops quality control processes that validate the accuracy and feasibility of marketing plans and projections across key performance measures
- Contribute to continuous review of process improvements in campaign development, quality control, database analysis, etc.
- 5+ years of experience with marketing automation platforms, such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Marketo or Eloqua
- Experience designing complex B2B digital direct marketing campaigns
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Understanding of email marketing and inbox placement best practices
- Basic understanding of direct response tracking methodologies and sales attribution models
- Advanced MS Office proficiency, particularly in MS Excel
- Experience running A/B and multivariate split tests
- Basic knowledge of statistical techniques, such as predictive models and significance, and how/when to apply them
- Good quantitative skills – able to extrapolate information and apply to other areas
- Able to understand and influence tactical details, while identifying and communicating items of primary importance
- Able to review large sets of data and evaluate for consistency and accuracy
- Ability to formalize and standardize process flows and quality control procedures
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivated and flexible, able to manage multiple priorities at once
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Very detailed oriented, with an inherent ability to see the “big picture” and connect campaigns to strategy
- Experience with Alteryx/Tableau
- The ability to write simple queries and extract data in SQL
- Working knowledge of Atlassian Suite (Jira, Confluence)
- Agile Methodologies
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.