The Refinery is an award-winning entertainment advertising agency located in Sherman Oaks. We work with all of the major studios producing creative digital, A/V and print campaigns for theatrical properties and television/streaming content.
First off, we are seeking candidates who embody our core values – Refiners are talented, kind, client-focused, ego-free and passionate. With most employees working virtually, we have continued to maintain a corporate culture in which caring for each other remains a top priority. We still celebrate everything – from birthdays to our Halloween costume contest to National Donut Day! Whether you work remotely, come to the office on occasion, or prefer to work onsite, you’ll feel like part of the team.
Enough about us, here’s what we’re looking for:
We are looking for a hands-on Digital Designer to handle our expanding lineup of client projects for film, broadcast, cable television and streaming content. Deliverables include animated HTML, static banners and skins, custom website takeovers, and rich media.
- You will build award-winning display, digital/social media designs from concept through finish
- Participate in project kickoff and brainstorm meetings
- Mentor new digital team members
- Understand and stay up-to-date on changing specifications of partner sites and social networks (e.g., People.com, Facebook, Instagram)
- Contribute innovative and unique ideas for websites, social media campaigns, email campaigns, and other creative projects
- Watch content and review campaign materials for broader project understanding
- Experience with Backstage
- Lay out clean files and folder structures for delivery
- Minimum two years experience working from concept through finish demonstrated by an impressive portfolio of display, digital and social media designs
- Advanced level Photoshop skills with the ability to show concepts in storyboard form
- Ability to estimate and communicate timelines for completion of assignments
- Bonus: entertainment advertising campaign experience and proficiency in After Effects
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Lifestyle Reimbursement Account
- Volunteer Time Off
- Continuing Education Program
- Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.