The primary function of the Digital Designer is to lead the design of digital campaigns including website UI, web banners, e-blast, social media, mobile and various other digital marketing initiatives. We are looking for someone with excellent type and layout skills that can influence the edgy/aggressive yet clean aesthetic of the Makita brand. Expertise in Photoshop and Illustrator is a must. Understanding of backend programing is preferred but not expected. Also required is a thorough knowledge of digital techniques, standards and best practices as well as the ability to independently manage projects and meet tight turn-around deadlines in a fun, fast-paced in-house creative environment.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Uphold a consistent brand image by designing within the company brand guidelines. This includes, but is not limited to fonts, tones, textures and images for print, web and multimedia.
- Meet with team to determine marketing objectives, translate them into Innovative creative explorations and persuasively present those solutions
- Take direction and work closely with product managers, creative manager and web developers within the team
- Be able to multi-task, manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines
- Proactively keep up with the latest technologies in the design industry and constantly push the brand forward
- Research and recommend software and hardware improvements for the creative department
- Records and organizes current work assigned by the Manager.
- Archives projects after final approval is received and publishing is complete.
- Expands knowledge of Makita’s tools, accessories, programs and policies.
- Meets with the Manager to provide weekly updates of work status.
- Works on miscellaneous image requests from other departments, branches and countries.
- Degree from a college, university or equivalent professional institution.
- Expertise utilizing Adobe Creative Suite in a MAC environment
- Experience with both web design and commercial color printing
- Experience with photo image manipulation and retouching
- Experience managing and troubleshooting MAC Networks and Hardware
- Strong understanding of how visual design contributes to overall brand identity
- Strong understanding of typography, color, usability and other design principles
- 5+ years experience in design/advertising industry.
- Excellent written, verbal, and spelling skills in English
Additional Education, Skill and Experience Preferred (Not Required)
- Written, verbal, and spelling skills in Spanish
- May be subjected to working extended hours.
- May be asked to lift up to 35 pounds
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Benefits
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay
- Education Reimbursement
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time, exempt position.
Equal Opportunity Statement
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Company policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, age, gender, national origin, ancestry, physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), mental disability, veteran status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, genetic information, medical (including genetic characteristics or cancer diagnosis), actual or perceived sexual orientation, or any consideration protected by federal, state or local laws. All such discrimination is prohibited. Additionally, the Company will provide registered domestic partners with all rights and benefits as required by Law. The Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008 (GINA) prohibits employers from requesting or requiring genetic information of an individual or family member of the individual. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities.