NokiaDalla, TX4 months ago
We are looking for highly skilled, advanced technical experts to be part of a team that is responsible for digital design within the remote radio head hardware development of Cellular Radios. This primary design work is at the board level though a working knowledge of FPGAs can prove helpful as they are sometimes part of the design. You will design and implement features and functionality for the products focusing on all technologies including 5G NR / mMIMO / 4G LTE.
Main Responsibility Area:
Following an architecture and requirements to design, develop and test digital hardware for the new radio base stations. Participation in analysis and solving complex engineering problems. Participation in functional specification reviews to identify issues. Interfacing with FPGA designers is often part of the job. Implementation of high speed (multi-Gbps) serial links are required in most designs. Power supply sequencing must be considered due to the nature of the semiconductors utilized. Close cooperation with other project teams and stakeholders from other overseas locations around the world is expected. Due to the close interaction between the embedded software and the radio hardware, the successful candidate must be able to understand the interaction required between
digital hardware design and embedded software design to produce a successful product.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 10+ years relevant professional experience for different level positions.
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Strong high-speed digital design skills
- Ability to interface with those engineers responsible for FPGA design.
- Solid understanding of schematic capture, PCB layout, and simulation.
- A working knowledge of I2C, SPI, registers for control and status.
- Some awareness of Verilog and experience with Xilinx and Intel FPGA tools for programming devices
- on boards etc.
Experience with scripting languages
Ability to consider the long-term maintainability of the hardware and software created and the customer impact of any proposed changes to designs already released.
Excellent problem solving and lab debugging skills in order to observe the actual versus expected behavior of the equipment designed.
- Self-motivated and proactive thinking
- Ability to work well independently and within a multi-site team.
- Good communication skills, ability to build working relationships with engineers within and outside of the department.
- Motivated by technical challenges, with a strong desire to deliver quality products on-time.
- Good written and oral skills with excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
Nokia is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information or ancestry, protected Veteran or military status, or other characteristics protected by law.