Digital Communications Manager
Reporting to the Exec. Director, Digital Communications, the Digital Communications Manager will have the opportunity to be part of a growing team developing digital communications for a science-led global biopharmaceutical company. The Manager will help develop digital content that brings our corporate brand and key messages to life across our global corporate websites. The Digital Communications Team sits within a high-performing, high-energy, fun, and collaborative Corporate Communications Team.
The ideal candidate will have previously worked in a fast-paced corporate communications or agency environment and embrace the opportunity to own the content management of BioCryst’s corporate websites. They will also possess the creativity, flexibility, and the project management capabilities necessary to play a central role on the Digital Communications team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage content updates for BioCryst.com and country corporate sites; triage internal requests and collaborate with agency and IT partners to execute updates, ensuring alignment to brand standards
- Play a central role in the development of new corporate website properties; identify and assist with the migration of existing content and the development of new content
- Assist with creating, implementing and managing a governance process of all content being created on the sites – assuring conformance with approach/objectives and back-end content tagging
- Assure compliance with web page accessibility, risk, copyright, privacy standards, and regulations; Incorporate SEO techniques for page titles, section headers, tags, and critical body copy to assure the webpages are following SEO best-practice
- Track analytics as it relates to digital communications
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, or a related discipline with a minimum of 6 years of experience in public relations or marketing, including agency or in-house corporate experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology or life science industry strongly preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of digital project management experience in corporate website content, and developing and managing editorial calendars
- Experience working with a senior leader to develop strategies that meet business needs and take advantage of market opportunities
- Experience with a variety of Content Management Systems, including WordPress
- Excellent writing, proof-reading, and editing skills with attention to detail
- Strong communicator and comfort working across all levels of an organization
- Ability to work closely and collaboratively with senior leaders across a global organization, with team members across corporate communications, investor relations, research and development, medical affairs, and patient advocacy, and with key internal and external stakeholders
- Strong initiative and ability to multitask and set priorities - and have fun while doing it!
- A sense of humor and team player a must
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Teams
- Ability to travel 25%.
The statements in this position description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. The manager may assign additional responsibilities and assignments from time to time.
BioCryst is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, Veterans status, disability and/or other protected class characteristics. Additionally, BioCryst is committed to achieving its business objectives in compliance with all federal, state and local law.
BioCryst requires all U.S. based employees to either (a) establish that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19; or (b) obtain an approved exemption as an accommodation. Proof of vaccination or an approved exemption form is required after a conditional job offer has been made to the applicant and prior to the start date. This requirement is a condition of employment at BioCryst, and it applies regardless of whether the position is located at a physical BioCryst location or is fully remote.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)