Developer Support Engineer
Salt Lake City, UT
Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
About the Team
The Workday Extend Support Team is a unique team that has evolved to support all aspects of the Workday Extend product as well as our customers using it, which includes developer support contacts. The team is focused on providing excellent customer satisfaction and ensuring successful go-lives for our customers using the Workday Extend platform to build new and exciting apps.
About the Role
Do you have what it takes to continuously provide outstanding developer support? We’re looking for a Developer Support Engineer to focus on providing a superior experience for developers working with the Workday Extend platform. As a member of the Workday Extend Support team, you’ll work directly with our Engineering, Product Management, Documentation and Evangelism teams to create a compelling developer experience for our customers and partners.
In this role you’ll be responsible for answering developer’s questions and driving product and documentation improvements that directly translate to a better developer experience. If you are interested in joining a growing team with the opportunity to stretch and impact the product, this role is for you!
- 4+ years of customer support engineering experience, providing technical support for software and environment issues for enterprise software applications: SaaS, Oracle, SAP, Netsuite, Zuora, Infor, Taleo, onsite ERP, Peoplesoft, Kronos, and/or Cornerstone.erstone.
- Experience in debugging code issue utilizing stack traces.
- Understanding of OAuth flows.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills: You will be writing, presenting to and speaking with developers and engineering colleagues regularly.
- Empathy for developers and their development/learning process: We’re like customer service for programmers; we usually hear from them only when there’s a problem.
- Great debugging skills: You will be identifying why apps aren’t working, often with limited information.
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving approach and strong analytical skills.
- Experience providing web development support is highly desirable.
What Will You Do All Day...
- Respond to developers' technical support requests and feature-related questions via our ticketing system, Community, and Developer Site forum.
- Contributing to the definition and evolution of Workday Extend methodologies, standards and best practices for support and product delivery.
- Identifying developer needs and cultivate a relationship with the developer to create a compelling experience for Workday Extend platform.
- Manage technical and product issues and escalations, delivering the highest level of developer satisfaction.
- Write sample code, technical articles, and reference applications on some of the basic to intermediate level uses cases using our SDKs and platform.
- Participate in developer forums to support the growth of self-help within the Workday Developer Community.
- Have fun!
Pursuant to applicable Fair Chance law, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!