Fairchild Media Group is looking for a designer to work across WWD, Footwear News, Beauty Inc, Sourcing Journal, and Rivet. The position will report directly to the Creative Director and will work with the art department on a breadth of projects across marketing campaigns, branding, event collateral, some editorial design, and video.
- Work directly with creative director, art director and other designers to create
- various materials for print and digital collateral
- Works on a range of Fairchild Live Events, which consists of websites, eBlasts, and house ads.
- Works on Fairchild Studio branded content campaigns, which may include photo/video shoots, print layouts, banner ads, and social.
- Ensure projects are completed with high quality and on schedule
- Be able to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Create social media and web assets
- Desire to learn and grow with the team.
- 1-3 years experience working in an inhouse design team
- Must have portfolio that demonstrates a foundation of typography, color, layout, and conceptual thinking
- Strong attention to detail, quick learner, ability to take direction and feedback with a positive attitude, and willing to work as a team
- Experience using Adobe CC
- Be able to work in a fast-paced work environment with high-volume quick turnaround products is a must.
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS and how it relates to design is a plus
- Video editing capabilities are a plus
Typical wage range: $52k – 62k
Factors that could be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, years of experience and comparison to current employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range. The total compensation package for this position will also include other elements, a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits including 401(k) eligibility and paid time off benefits. PMC is committed to the health and wellness of our employees. As part of our company-wide rollout of PMC’s paid healthcare plan, for this role the company pays 100% of the monthly health, dental and vision plan premiums for the employee and their family. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If you have more or less experience than specified on this job posting, please apply and list your salary expectations.
If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position,” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors).
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets. Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
Often referred to as “the fashion bible,” WWD provides a balance of timely, credible business news and key fashion trends to a dedicated readership of retailers, designers, manufacturers, marketers, financiers, Wall Street analysts, international moguls, media executives, ad agencies, socialites, and trend-makers. WWD’s parent company, Penske Media Corporation (PMC), is a leading digital media company, publishing, and information Services Company founded in 2003.