The Los Angeles Times’ B2B Marketing department is seeking a mid-level Designer, who will support the company’s marketing efforts by crafting clear and compelling designs across a range of print and digital formats to showcase our product portfolio to advertising clients and prospects. The Designer will be responsible for establishing and maintaining a consistent visual tone across sales collateral, presentations, print and online advertisements, email campaigns, and more. The Designer will create designs that may range from high-fidelity mock-ups to final executions, and will ultimately help generate revenue and leverage our robust portfolio of print and online media, events and promotion.
- Create clear and engaging visuals in support of potential advertising clients, partnerships, and opportunities. Such visuals may include, but are not limited to: marketing and sales collateral, digital and print advertisements, social media, email campaigns, video sizzle reels, direct mail and more.
- Develop compelling visual presentation design that gets attention.
- Develop presentation strategy and design for products, events and categories.
- Create concepts, sketches, graphics and high-fidelity executions in support of brand and marketing campaigns, packaging, and store design.
- Help shape the visual toolkit and materials for LA Times’ communications.
- Create systematized design materials that maintain a consistent visual tone.
- Develop visuals to share an idea, research, or a product concept with a crowd.
- Participate in projects from initial concept design, to final production, and guidelines documentation.
- Present and defend your own work and that of creative team to peers, stakeholders, and senior executives.
- Effectively and proactively manage deliverables and deadlines for creative with transparency.
- Foster a design culture that enables world-class creative work and talent development.
- Understand and respond to promotion performance data (metric tests, usability studies), and steer the direction of future creative designs.
- Assist with other ad hoc marketing projects as needed.
- 1-3 years of experience in marketing or advertising design; agency experience is a plus.
- Strong multi-tasking and project management skills. Ability to juggle multiple projects at once and prioritize competing deadlines.
- Comfortable working across a range of print and digital formats.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, and/or Premiere Pro); motion graphics skills are a plus.
- Expertise in Microsoft PowerPoint and presentation design.
- Strong understanding of typography, color, and layout.
- Familiarity with print production and creating files in accordance with printer specifications.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality.
- Tech savvy: Being able to figure out solutions on the fly.
- A strong ability for visual storytelling.
The Company is a mandatory vaccination employer for COVID-19 and its variants. The Company requires that its employees be fully vaccinated as of their start date. If you require a medical or religious accommodation, we will engage in the interactive process with you. Proof of vaccination will be required prior to start. If we make you an offer and you are not yet vaccinated, we will accommodate a delay in start date.
Thank you for your interest in joining our team at the Los Angeles Times! We look forward to reviewing your application.