This is a Design Team Leadership position:
- DDG Team Supervisor, responsible for the development of Design Discipline Models and Drawings and coordinating work with Planning and Production counterparts.
- Supervise designers in the execution of tasks. Provide guidance and direction across the Team for Process and Technical issues.
- Ensure that tasks are completed to established budget and schedules.
- Work with the Manager to evaluate workload requirements.
- Report progress and status at various manager level meetings and Departmental White Boards.
- Provide project analysis on cost and schedule using EVMS principles, i.e. CPI, SPI.
- Ensure all tasks are completed to the level of quality specified in the contract.
- Responsible for the career development of assigned personnel. Develop and deliver employee performance evaluations.
- Administer the BIW/BMDA Collective Bargaining Agreement (labor contract).
- These positions are to cover all shifts.
- BS or AS degree in a Design / Engineering related field with 3 years of experience in a Design / Engineering related field OR
- Graduate of BIW's Apprenticeship Program with 3 years of experience in a Marine Engineering / Design / Manufacturing related field OR
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in a Marine Engineering / Design / Manufacturing related field required.
- Solid understanding of shipbuilding fabrication and installation processes preferred.
- Proficient computer skills, e.g. Microsoft Office Suite, required
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow procedures, standards, and work instructions required
- Innovative Leadership qualities, problem solving capabilities, and a strong passion for employee development required
- Demonstrated ability to work multiple priorities required
- Strong written and oral communication skills required
- Demonstrated leadership experience, with increasing responsibilities that reflect a strong ability to work in a teaming environment required
- Ability to obtain a security clearance required
- Strong people skills and leadership qualities required.