Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
Our growing organization needs motivated people like you to help us continue to grow, while maintaining the quality results our clients have come to expect. GHD's Engineering Design Organization (EDO) is looking for a dynamic and motivated individual to tackle the role of Design Manager- Food and Beverage.
Our flexible work environment allows you to work from our Waterloo, Mississauga, Toronto, Whitby, or Markham offices. We invite you to be part of our evolution! Don't miss out!
- Create compliant, constructible designs in accordance with Client, Operation and Maintenance, as well as Construction requirements
- Ensure the design produced follows appropriate engineering processes, including GHD and project specific processes
- Oversee multi-disciplinary engineering coordination in addition to Quality Control of all deliverable submittals
- Manage the development and verification of technical scopes
- Participate actively in the preparation and adherence to a schedule of deliverables in close partnership with the Project Controls team
- Oversee the engineering budget while providing key inputs to the Project Controls team
- Implement and follow the project’s Change Control system, including proactive escalation of potential changes
- Conduct continuous reviews to make suggestions on improvements to the overall project strategy to meet design schedule and budget with the ability to support staging and phasing requirements
- Ensure fluid communication between the project management team, design team, construction team and various internal and external stakeholders
- Verify that the schedule and budget data match the progress of the professional services throughout execution of the project
- Coordinate the preparation of the design criteria by the team leads
- Lead the creation and execution of design work plan and LOE
- Convene, chair and document interdisciplinary design coordination meetings and bring forward updates as well as any critical issues that impact external stakeholders to the Project Manager
- Liaise between the site and engineering during construction while coordinating multidisciplinary problem-resolution resulted from non-compliance with drawings and specifications at the site
- 7 years broad and extensive technical, administrative and project design experience
- Experience in managing the design delivery for larger, multi-discipline projects specifically for industrial/process plants, facilities, or buildings within the food, beverage and agriculture space.
- Bachelor’s (B.Sc.) degree or equivalent education from a recognized institution.
- Knowledge of scheduling software and engineering and capital cost estimating techniques is a definite asset
- Member of the PEO, an important asset
- Experience with Building Information Modelling (BIM) on multi-discipline projects
- Proven track record of dealing with uncertainty, changing and multiple priorities
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
As a diverse and inclusive organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.