At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We’re looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all experiences, skillsets, backgrounds and walks of life. We actively foster a work environment and culture where inclusion and diversity is part of our fundamental structure.
This is delivered behaviorally, through our policies, trainings, local partnerships with professional diverse organizations, internal networks and most importantly with the support and sponsorship of our leaders who help drive our commitment to an inclusive, diverse, welcoming and equitable work environment. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Design Manager, Architecture for our Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (HJAIA) office.
Be involved in projects with our Aviation Project Management Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
- Manage the design process to ensure adherence with all codes, stakeholder requirements and HJAIA engineering design standards.
- Write and manage on-call designer's project task orders.
- Provide and coordinate technical responses to inquiries from contractors, tenants, consultants, and other regulatory agencies.
- Performs design and constructability reviews of projects.
- Assists with evaluation of change order requests, requests for information, and other change issues.
- Assists the Construction Manager (CM) and Quality Manager (QM) in addressing and verifying.
- Conformance to the projects quality control plan in accordance with quality assurance requirements.
- Ensures final project deliverables (As-Builts & O&M Manuals) meet HJAIA standards.
- Provides risk management feedback on all assigned projects prior to and during construction.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture.
- 10+ years of aviation and/or civil construction experience.
- Proficient knowledge of architecture design and practices.
- Maturity in interaction and ability to operate self-sufficiently in the field.
- Proven ability to perform in a management capacity.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Knowledgeable of current technology with ability to utilize it effectively on the projects.
- Registered Architect
- Master's degree in Architecture
- Background in constructing airport facilities or performing construction in an operational environment
- Experience in local municipalities, codes, federal and state regulations
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Travel Required: N/A - No travel required
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: ATLANTA - 3340 PEACHTREE RD
- All locations: US-GA-Atlanta
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 15,000 employees in over 300 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper.
WSP provides a flexible and agile workplace model while meeting client needs. Employees are also afforded a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, employment agencies, or other staffing services. Unsolicited resumes include any resume or hiring document sent to WSP in the absence of a signed Service Agreement where WSP has expressly requested recruitment/staffing services specific to the position at hand. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers or other business leaders, will become the property of WSP and WSP will have the right to hire that candidate without reservation – no fee or other compensation will be owed or paid to the recruiter, employment agency, or other staffing service.