PragerU is the world's leading conservative nonprofit that is focused on changing minds through the creative use of digital media. Taking full advantage of today's technology and social media, we educate millions of Americans and young people about the values that make America great. We’re proud to be voted “Best Place to Work in Los Angeles” by LA Business Journal.
We’re seeking a Design Manager to help oversee a team of Graphic Designers, working under our Director of Design. The Design Manager ensures that designs are accurate, timely and of high quality. In addition to management, the ideal candidate will be able to design original artwork, including illustrations, info-graphics, collage, and animations for social media content, advertisement, email-marketing, merch and collateral. The Design Manager will also be responsible for researching and developing creative solutions to PragerU’s social media, fundraising, and marketing needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively manage and train graphic designers to ensure quality and performance standards are consistently met
- Communicate and implement company process changes
- Complete special projects as requested
- Identify and take initiative on opportunities to increase output and accuracy
- Contribute to and support PragerU strategic plans and goals
- Photo retouching, photo-manipulation and compositing with Adobe Photoshop and/or Lightroom; vector graphics with Adobe Illustrator
- Print collateral with Adobe Illustrator and InDesign
- Animated and video content with Adobe AfterEffects and Premier
- Adherence to Brand Standards
- Design digital and print content in alignment with current Brand Guidelines.
- Project revisions: take a lead role in the revision process, incorporating feedback on projects from the Marketing team.
Research & Conceptualizing
- Develop new visual styles, formats, layouts and content to better convey PragerU’s message to audiences.
- Become well-versed in PragerU content, past and present, as well as relevant non-PragerU content.
- Monitor competitors’ design work and research new & successful design trends for opportunities to improve PragerU content.
Successful Candidates Will Possess:
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in the field of graphic design, or a portfolio that reflects the equivalent experience.
- Adept at use of the Adobe Creative suite, particularly Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, AfterEffects, and Premier.
- Familiarity with Air Table
- Ability to prioritize and multitask; you will be expected to work on multiple projects at once.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
How to Apply: Please submit a resume, portfolio link, and cover letter. In your cover letter, include a section explaining how your values align with ours, and why you would want to specifically work at PragerU.
What We Do: We promote American values through the creative use of educational videos that reach millions of people online. Serving all ages, our content offers a free alternative to the dominant left-wing ideology in culture, media, and education. Whether you’re searching for a deeper understanding, a new perspective, or a way to get involved, PragerU helps people think and live better.