Gensler Denver is looking for a talented architectural Designer Manager seeking an opportunity to take their career to the next step and grow within our firm. At Gensler, we are one community, united by our commitment to holistically improve the human experience. Guided by determined optimism, we can use the power of design to spark positive change and create a future that promotes equity, resilience, and wellbeing for everyone.
Our Critical Facilities practice area is unique, having the ability to draw expertise from and collaborate with all of Gensler’s practice areas to serve clients based on the client’s industry—for example building teams of experts in Gensler’s Critical Facilities and Health and Wellness Practices to deliver data centers for healthcare providers. Beyond data centers, our critical facilities team delivers projects for high-performance/ research/ supercomputing, command and control centers, SCIFs, distribution and logistics, high-tech manufacturing, and various other technology-rich project types.
As a Senior Design Manager, you will leverage your attention to detail and interpersonal skills to deliver exceptional architectural projects on time and on budget. You will deploy resources to ensure that the work process flows smoothly and act as the primary liaison between the team and client. Your role is critical in the design and delivery of world-class Data Centers and other Critical Facilities projects. This is a great opportunity to join a highly creative, collaborative team while working on trendsetting architectural projects across a variety of industries.
What You Will Do
- Implement one or more client projects through the leadership of project teams; Provide leadership to client and team by communicating project objectives, contract scope, terms, and schedule
- Manage scheduling, budgets, staffing, and project set-up with clients, sub-contractors, vendors and contractors
- Prepare project proposals and negotiate contracts and fees; bid projects to multiple general contractors
- Track and manage financial performance of project for success (e.g., work plan, schedule, fees, change orders, billings and collections)
- Manage project lifecycle; estimating, bidding, project kick-off, weekly coordination, punch list, turnover, opening, and project close-out
- Collaborate with the project team members on design solutions and documentation
- Guide project team in documentation, pricing through construction
- Resolve complex technical / design issues
- Develop project specifications
- Communicate with consultants and authorities having jurisdiction
- Bachelor’s or Masters degree in Architecture or related field
- 10+ years of related experience, managing projects and teams
- Must have Critical Facilities experience; completed data center projects
- Professional license or certification preferred
- LEED accreditation preferred
- Experience negotiating project scope, fees, managing project financial performance, and ensuring fiscal responsibility for projects
- Knowledge of building materials, specifications and construction techniques specific to core and shell architecture is required.
- Strong knowledge of building codes, zoning, accessibility, and generally knowledgeable in jurisdictional processes is required.
- Extensive experience in construction document preparation, including detailing and field observation.
- Experience with project management software, such as MS Project, a plus
- Strong Revit, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), Microsoft Office experience desired. AutoCAD, Sketchup, Rhino, Enscape, VRay also beneficial
- Essential knowledge of engineering disciplines in coordinating highly technical infrastructure heavy projects
Compensation is based upon experience and estimated range is $90,000 – $120,000 annually + bonuses + benefits
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions to “Well-being Week,” our offices reflect our people’s diverse interests.
We encourage every person at Gensler to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays, and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership, and twice annual bonus opportunities. Our annual base salary range has been established based on local markets.
As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.