AECOM is seeking a Design Manager to lead multi-discipline teams designing complex water and wastewater treatment plant projects as part of the AECOM US West Water Virtual Design Center. Employee will have option to work remotely or in local office. Location in the Dallas area is preferred to provide secondary support to local projects.
The Design Manager will be a professional engineer with 10 or more years experience delivering process mechanical work on water or wastewater treatment plant projects, and will have experience leading multi-discipline design teams. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Support local and remote project managers throughout the design, bidding and construction phases of projects.
- Lead a multi-discipline team of process mechanical, electrical, I&C, structural, architectural and building mechanical leads with some potentially being sub-consultants.
- Typically submit preliminary engineering report followed by 30%, 60%, 90% and final submittals through the project design phase.
- Develop and manage schedules and budgets for the design team.
- Lead BIM managers, cost estimators, document editors, specification processors to continually optimize use of the latest technology in delivering projects.
- Support bid phase services such as issuing addendum and conformed documents.
- Support construction phase services such as coordinating submittal review, responding to information requests, addressing change-orders, start-up, testing, record drawings and project closeout.
- Travel with key members of the design team as required to project sites client meetings throughout the design and construction phases.
- BA/BS + 8 years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education.
- 10+ years’ related experience
- Texas PE
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there’s never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.