Buck Mason is looking for a full-time Design Director specializing in women's woven tops, bottom, denim, and outerwear. The ideal candidate is has a love of American vintage and a passion in interpreting timeless garments for the modern customer. An obsession with quality, fabric, and fit is a must. The Design Director will be responsible for developing design concepts and executing high-level design output. The ideal candidate has a passion for creative ideas, a devotion to details, and is obsessed with creating clothing to the highest standard of taste and quality.
- Ownership of design in women's woven categories including tops, bottoms, denim, and outerwear.
- Develop product design ideas from concept through completed garment.
- Develop ideation from fabric, fit, trim, construction, and detail.
- Follow brand standards and actively evolve brand taste and quality.
- Ability to present seasonal product concepts to the leadership team.
- Work closely with vendors and cross-functional teams.
- Ability to build timeless, quality, classics with a refined eye and a focus on details.
- You bring 10+ years of applicable working experience with an apparel based brand
- Expert knowledge and understanding of woven's concept, design, fabric, fit, and construction
- Expert knowledge of denim wash and processing
- Expert knowledge of vintage clothing and archival details
- Ability to be both creative and highly technical
- Ability to work collaboratively and manage staff directly
- Strong sense of personal taste, historical knowledge, and design instinct
- Organized with the ability to manage several projects at one time with a fast turnaround
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent project and time management, written/verbal communication and leadership skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Experience articulating creative intent to others and translating high-level creative direction.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive pay
- Health, dental & vision Insurance
- Fitness & wellness benefits
- 401k retirement savings plan with Company matching
- Quarterly clothing allowance
Buck Mason designs updated, modern American classics for daily wear. Founded in 2013 by Sasha Koehn and Erik Allen, who were neighbors in Venice, California, they initially set up shop in a 350 square foot garage off Abbot Kinney Boulevard. Using old school manufacturing techniques combined with modern technology, they took an architectural approach to the product with the goal of making fashion less complicated, building each piece to last beyond a single season. Much of their product is made in the USA, where you can often find Sasha and Erik on the factory floor.