At Velocity Global, we’re building a world-class Brand organization to transform perception and drive awareness of our brand that removes the world’s borders–freeing companies and talent to work together anywhere. This is a role for an ever-curious design leader who seizes the opportunity, lives to experiment, and boldly finds new ways to connect with people through human-centered design.
As a core pillar of the Brand team, our Creative Studio is driving the transformation of the brand and creating the experiences that deeply connect with our customers. We're a team empowered to push boundaries and looking for a visual savant to take our design to new heights.
The Creative Studio's Design Director will lead a team of designers while partnering with our brand, content, digital, events, marketing, and people teams to develop breakthrough design and creative executions that captivate a global audience. This is an opportunity for a bold thinker, visual guru, and innate storyteller to elevate our brand expression across campaigns, digital, social, events, and more.
- Bringing a bold vision to amplify our brand design and make our marketing stand apart
- Set a high bar for design execution and consistency across all touch points
- Lead and inspire a multidisciplinary design team from concept to execution, while partnering closely with content strategy and copy
- Partner with creative leads, marketing leads, and external agencies to develop advertising campaigns, product launches, and digital experiences rooted in emotional connection and customer insight
- Partner with brand and events to create memorable and unique experiences at trade shows, activations, and virtual events
- Scale the design team through improved systems, processes, and contractors/agencies
- Own, protect, and empower others to use the brand design system–ensuring tooling like style guides, templates, and visual libraries are up to date and playing a governance role on creative produced outside of the studio team
- Develop design talent and foster a culture of collaboration and open critique and experimentations
- Keep an eagle-eye across all projects in flight to ensure our brand is consistently represented
- Roll up your sleeves when needed to tackle design projects alongside your team
- Stay plugged into global culture and content trends–developing a deep understanding of how our customers communicate and where they spend time
- 10+ years' experience as a design or creative director in an agency environment or in-house capacity (a blend of B2B, B2C, and SaaS experience is welcome)
- 3+ years managing designers with a passion for building and motivating inclusive teams
- A portfolio of visually compelling work that spans digital, social, video/motion, experiential, print, and beyond
- A track record of developing art direction for campaigns that do more than convert, they build loyalty
- Experience managing a brand’s visual identity system, elevating a brand's visual execution, and developing creative for global markets
- Experience building and scaling both design operations and partnerships with external agencies/contractors
- Powers of collaboration and persuasion; you know how to bring others along, get them excited and aligned
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written, and experience presenting work to senior leadership and C-level executives
- Ability to turn complex business needs and product value props into simple and compelling creative executions
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite and other design programs like Figma
- Velocity: Exceeding expectations of our customers, colleagues, and ourselves by delivering swift and effective results.
- Integrity: Doing right by our customers, colleagues, and ourselves through honest and ethical actions.
- Be Bold: Daring to take risks, learn, and grow to benefit our customers, colleagues, and ourselves.
- Empowerment: Owning our decisions and being accountable for the impact we have on our customers, colleagues, and ourselves.
- Service: Supporting our customers, colleagues, and ourselves with respect and empathy.
As a work-anywhere company, Velocity Global fosters a values-driven culture. We value inclusion and belonging. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates regardless of age, ancestry, race, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.