Design Build Manager
The Design Build Manager/Senior Project Manager - Design Build will be responsible for Managing DB pursuits, and delivery of DB projects in California and the surrounding western states. Responsibilities include coordination of Roadway, Bridge, Traffic, Utilities, and other disciplines to meet project deliverable milestones and timelines within budgets. Close coordination and experience with Contractors, and the ability to communicate well to both internal and external team members is an essential skillset to be successful in this role. Candidates must also be willing to travel within the Continental United States to assist with opportunities being pursued by Michael Baker International and construction teaming partners.
The candidate must possess an understanding and ability to meet RFP/RFQ requirements, conduct team meetings to collaboratively work with resources required to address project requirements, challenges, and owner requests. An understanding of contractual requirements, clauses, notification requirements combined with organizational skills to maintain project information and records is essential.
The successful candidate will operate within the Southern California area collaborating with various practices and assist with project delivery. You may be involved in contract/scope negotiations, fee reviews and work plan development on large/strategic design-build/P3 projects. The candidate must be able to:
- Develop and maintain trusted adviser relationships with key clients across the nation.
- Work with our Practice leaders, client service teams, and divisions in the development of targeted client service action plans.
- Work with the National Practice Leads, Regional Directors and Office Executives in the determination of Go/No Go decisions and teaming.
- Participate in ongoing strategic positioning for major design-build project opportunities, especially large and complex bridge, highway, aviation and rail/transit design-build projects.
- Manage client relationships and guide the application of Michael Baker International’s services nationwide to best serve the interests of the client and Michael Baker.
- Maintain responsibility for successful contracting and project execution, working closely with Michael Baker International staff and office leadership across the country.
- Responsible for reviewing design-build contracts, including teaming and design services agreements with contractor clients
- Draw upon broad engineering and construction industry experience to identify risks and contractual terms not conforming to the company policy and work to develop risk-mitigation strategies.
- Ensure compliance with Michael Baker International company policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field and a minimum at least 15 years of project management experience of projects exceeding $100 million dollars in construction value.
- Minimum of 15 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience in the execution and management in the surface transportation, aviation, and/or rail/transit marketplace.
- Minimum 10 years related experience in business development activities, preferably in design-build/P3 markets.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) in CA. Preferred in multiple states.
- This position requires a proven ability to execute projects after successful wins. Please include specific examples of this in your resume.
- Must demonstrate excellent speaking, oral and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills; and the ability to clearly and effectively present information.
The salary range for this position is $217,000 - $271,000. This will be dependent on the experience and expertise of the incoming candidate.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Life, AD&D, short-term, and long-term disability
- Professional and personal development
- Generous paid time off
Workplace Flexibility Whether you want to work in the office, at home, or in a hybrid model, we accommodate a variety of preferences. We recognize our employees face many factors when it comes to selecting the best work location, and we are passionate about providing options and flexibility.