We are an innovative, fully-vertical cannabis company recognized for shattering stereotypes and setting new standards within the cannabis industry. With a focus on consumer education and staff training, we are working to change the perceptions of cannabis. From the thoughtfully curated collection of products down to the modern, strategic layouts of each location, every detail is designed with the customer experience in mind. We believe that each and every customer deserves to be treated with compassion backed with expertise and appreciation.
- People-Centric: Our most important asset is our people. We strive to foster an inclusive environment that promotes engagement, teamwork, and the continued opportunity for development through the empowerment of our people.
- Quality: We believe in setting the standard by providing our customers with carefully curated products and high-performing, knowledgeable team members to ensure a quality experience with every interaction.
- Communication: By being transparent and treating everyone with respect, we can focus on what really matters to us as a company: our team and our customers.
- Accountability: We take ownership of our work and honor our commitments. We are proud of our accomplishments and recognize our failures by reinforcing the “we” in our efforts and removing the “they”.
- Growth: We believe in cultivating growth in all that we do, from the growth of our business to the personal and professional growth and enrichment of our teams.
The Delivery Driver collects, routes, and delivers customer web and phone orders with exemplary customer service from order placement through delivery. They are responsible for the physical movement of delivered products, cash handling and merchant processing. Incumbent will perform all tasks with the goal of positioning Harborside as the industry standard for compassionate, professional, efficient customer delivery. The length of this assignment can be up to 3 months, but could be extended.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves customers by understanding the product, delivering the product in a timely manner.
- Adheres to all Title 6 regulations.
- Adheres to routing/schedule guidelines and parameters to deliver according to schedule; only stopping for breaks, meal period breaks, and vehicle maintenance.
- Maintains accurate manifest and delivery log.
- Ensures accurate information is maintained in delivery device, i.e., ID scanner and delivery camera.
- Addresses and resolves customer complaints; escalate service issues in an expedient manner.
- Builds customer loyalty through customer-centric, focused, and positive interactions
- Identifies business opportunities through analysis of existing customer orders.
- Relays customer needs to supervisor; recommend changes and new products to best meet customer needs.
- Takes and places orders for current and new customers according to company guidelines.
- Communicates information to customers about special pricing, referral program, recognition program and all information requested by Operations Manager.
- Obtains payment for product by accepting cash or debit cards.
- Maintains inventory updates with main office, restocking, reconciliation and analysis following Harborside policies and procedures.
- Maintains delivery, vehicle, product inventory and driving records by obtaining receipt acknowledgments, recording tracking information, completing driver tracking, expenses and timesheets as required.
- Reviews and maintains company licenses and permits, customer paperwork to ensure legal compliance and accuracy.
- Prepares delivery vehicle for operation by inspecting general condition by checking the vehicle for damage.
- Adheres to the standards of the road by safely operating the vehicle and complying with state and local driving rules and regulations. Uses Harborside communication equipment (GPS, company phone, Bluetooth) for communication with main office and customers in a safe manner.
- Prepares delivery vehicle by loading customer orders, securing items, and cross-checking paperwork.
- Enhances company reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Participates in trainings or meetings to update job and organizational knowledge.
- Ensures opening and closing procedures are accurately performed
- Maintains a positive, caring attitude, and treat customers/co-workers with respect and sensitivity
- Maintains strict confidentiality with customer information
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Constantly: Sitting in a car, use of neck muscles, and visual sensory.
- Frequently: Walking, sitting at a desk, grasping/gripping, bending/stooping/squatting, finger dexterity, computer input, coordination of hand and eye.
- Frequently: Face contact with customers and staff
- Occasionally: Reaching above shoulder height, lifting 20-30 lbs., ability to do push/pull motions.
- Will require working varied hours/day, including nights weekends, holidays, and/or events on occasion
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Prior customer service experience (1-3 years).
- Prior delivery experience (1-3 years).
- Valid California Driver’s License and a clean MVR
- High school diploma or GED.
- Experience working in the cannabis industry highly desirable.
- Must be 21+ years old and pass a criminal background check
- $18 / hour plus tips
- Medical, dental, vision
- Employee discount program
- Paid time off
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
StateHouse provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, citizenship status, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability status, family medical history or genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
StateHouse complies with federal and state disability laws and may make reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities as required by applicable law. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com.