Deal Desk Analyst
We’re looking for a Deal Desk Analyst to join the Deal Management Team within Vox Media! This role will collaborate closely with different teams within the company including Revenue, Legal, Operations and Accounting to track and review revenue contracts to ensure proper execution and documentation. This position will report to the Director of Revenue Contract Management.
WHO WE ARE
Vox Media is the leading modern media company. We guide our audience from discovery to obsession. We inspire essential conversations about what’s now, what’s next, and what’s possible.
As a community of journalists and storytellers, business professionals, creators and technologists, we believe it is a moral and business imperative to amplify voices: to cultivate diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout our organization and media. This applies to our candidates, our teams, our storytelling, our creative work, and our platforms, products, and partnerships.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Perform completeness check for new contracts.
- Update and maintain insertion order tracker to ensure all new and revised insertion orders are recorded accordingly.
- Prepare reports to identify deals with outstanding contract items and follow up with the relevant teams to resolve.
- Review Salesforce pipeline by sales stages to flag variances and inconsistencies.
- Monitor incoming contract review requests to ensure they are addressed and/or escalated in a timely manner.
- Partner with Credit & Collection to track contracts with prepayment requirement and non-standard payment terms.
- Assist Revenue Accounting with contract-related questions during month-end billin
WHO YOU ARE
- 1 to 3 years of Accounting or Business Operations experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Highly detail-oriented and strong organizational skills
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced and ever changing business environment
NICE TO HAVES
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Boostr, Asana, NetSuite
- Experience in digital media advertising industry
- Understanding of ASC 606 revenue recognition standard
- Proficiency in creating reports and performing data analysis
WHERE YOU’LL WORK
This job is remote. We’re dedicated to the health and wellbeing of all of our employees, and when we reopen, will require everyone who works from one of our offices to be fully-vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees with approved religious or medical exemptions may be subject to additional safety requirements, such as submitting to regular COVID-19 testing and/or wearing a face covering in our offices.
OUR DEI+ COMMITMENT
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone can show up as their authentic selves and create their best work. We recognize that great stories, platforms, products and services come from people with all manner of backgrounds and experiences. We recognize that our commitments require ongoing work and sustained attention, as well as adaptation to new insights and best practices. We keep our diversity data public for the sake of accountability, transparency and communication.
Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law. Vox Media will also consider all qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable Fair Chance laws. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations as part of the application process to candidates with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact our People & Culture team (email@example.com).
The salary range listed below represents the minimum and maximum base pay for this position at the time of this posting. Final salary offered to the candidate selected for the position will be based on factors including but not limited to the candidate's skills and experience.