Deal Desk Analyst
Are you a deal expert that can help Sales teams drive market wins for commercial opportunities? As a part of the Deal Desk team, you will be at the center of helping the company achieve its growth targets by acting as a trusted advisor to the Sales teams to get deals across the line. You will work with Sales, Sales Ops, Legal & external Financing partners to define deal success and align internal stakeholders on a commercial approach that is a win-win for the customer, Samsara and our partners. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, analytical, thrives in a fast-paced environment and is comfortable jointly problem solving commercial issues with Sales teams and customers.
You should apply if:
- You want to make a difference: Your efforts will result in real-world impact—helping to keep the lights on, get food into grocery stores, and most importantly, ensure workers return home safely.
- You are the architect of your own career: If you put in the work, this role won’t be your last at Samsara. We set up our employees for success and have built a culture that encourages rapid career development, countless opportunities to experiment and master your craft in a hyper growth environment.
- You want to be with the best: At Samsara, we win together, celebrate together and support each other. You will be surrounded by the best and brightest professionals out there.
In this role you will:
- In close partnership with Sales, facilitate structuring and execution of deals while optimizing for customer experience, revenue, profitability, and compliance
- Coordinate the flow of information across multiple groups, such as Sales, Sales Ops, Accounting, and Operations to drive deal success and ensure a seamless customer experience
- Evaluate deal financials, commercial terms and conditions, operational requirements and non-standard structuring requests
- Optimize cash flow by incorporating third-party financing into deal structure and support management of third-party finance partners
- Mitigate risk through standardized terms and controls, credit policies and application of revenue recognition requirements
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to establish and execute standard processes, workflows, and policy improvements
- Support quarterly Sales & Finance goals through deal execution
- Drive daily deal requests such as opportunity validation, deal analysis and credit reviews
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural philosophy (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 2+ years of experience either in Deal Desk, Finance, Sales Operations or Revenue Operations
- Strong problem solving skills along with the ability to communicate rationale for decisions across all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to support Sales in winning and contracting bundled SaaS deals
- Success operating in a high-growth business and ability drive results independently
- Excellent analytical skills
- Experience analyzing deal economics, company financials and third-party financing options
- Excellent presentation skills, must be comfortable presenting to internal & external audiences
- Ability to build relationships and work collaboratively to drive results
- Experience in Salesforce
Samsara’s Compensation Philosophy: Samsara’s compensation program is designed to deliver total compensation (based on role, level, and geography) that is above market. We do this through our base salary + bonus/variable + restricted stock units (RSUs). RSUs are awarded at hire and may be refreshed annually. Additionally, as a pay-for-performance company, there are additional RSU grant awards for top performers which allow employees to achieve higher market positioning.
The range of annual base salary for full-time employees for this position is below. Please note that base pay offered may vary depending on factors including your city of residence, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Full time employees receive an above market total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.